• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston area golden age shopping?

9 posts in this topic

I will be working in Boston the last couple of weeks in March and would like to spend the little free time I have buying Golden age books.

Where are the good stores?

Are any of the conventions worth attending for golden age?

I will not have a car (cabbing it), so driving to far out of town is not the greatest idea, but might work.

I plan to go to NYC for a day because I know lots of good shops there but would rather stay in Boston if books are available.

Thanks

I know that Outer Limits on Moody Street in Waltham has a great selection of GA. Million Year Picnic in Harvard Sqaure might have some golden age, but I can't say for sure....

You can find a few choice items at Webhead in Wakefield as well. Past that you would need to set up an appointment with Superworld or Payette or Dolgoff and travel quite a bit.

My recollection of the Boston / Cambridge shops is that you will not find anything at all. But Outer Limits is worth a look just out of the sheer awesomeness of the massive amounts of cool stuff he has in the store. He will have some GA as well.

Million Year Picnic in Cambridge sometimes has Golden Age. It's worth a phone call.

Otherwise coordinate your visit with a Primate Promotions Convention May 6, July 22 or September 22. Payette, Superworld, Odyssey, Golden Age Collectibles, Harrison's, Coles and more with Golden Age.

and maybe CKB.

yup,

looks like i'll be going to the boston comic con , outer limits, and new england in quincy.

I'll stop to have a look at million dollar picnic, comictopia, and the local new england stores.

I'm still thinking I need to go to new york for a weekend during my stay. I know I will find some gems there.

yup,

looks like i'll be going to the boston comic con , outer limits, and new england in quincy.

I'll stop to have a look at million dollar picnic, comictopia, and the local new england stores.

I'm still thinking I need to go to new york for a weekend during my stay. I know I will find some gems there.

CKB's assesment is on the money.

Comicopia is a nice store and good people, but they basically have no back issues; its all moderns. No GA, no SA, no BA and maybe even no Coppper, I can't recall.

Last time I was at Million Year Picnic, I didn't see any GA, only a smattering of SA. I'd maybe call them first. I haven't been to New England Comics Quincy location, but I've never seen GA (its mostly moderns) in their other stores.

The Outer Limits has a wall of GA, plus other books not on display. Steve, the owner, is probably the best LCS I've ever met. If you want a sure bet for a store with some GA, that's the place.

And like CKB said, Webhead usually has some stuff, too.

I believe all these stores are listed here , for ease of finding phone numbers, email and hours.

Travelling to the places you mentioned will take some serious cab fare, BTW. Also, as far as I know there's a dearth of LCSs in NYC. You'd do better making an appointment with the people CKB mentioned.

My Shill Detecto Meter is in the red for numerous reasons, but I figure this info may be useful to somebody.