• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhino's WonderCon Report updated with MORE compromising photos! :banana:

80 posts in this topic

Outstanding report, Steve! I hope to post a more thorough report in the next few days, but I thought I'd at least take a minute to share a few images from various panel discussions I photographed. Before I do, though, I'd like to say that I had a wonderful time hanging out with some dear friends of mine for four nights and three days in a row, and enjoyed meeting so many new folks from the boards as well.

The end of the show Sunday afternoon was very bittersweet for me as I know this will be the last time I see my San Francisco based friends until San Diego Comic-Con at the very soonest, assuming I am able to attend. Nobody around the booth noticed, but I almost teared up a little as I was helping tear down Shin's booth. Regarding con purchases, I owe Rhino a huge debt of gratitude. Because of him passing on buying it, I had the opportunity to purchase a wonderful Kirby OA page from Kid Colt # 119. Thanks, man! thumbsup2.gif I'd also like to thank Jeff and his wife Melissa for letting me stay at their house along with Greggy. God bless any woman who makes sausage AND bacon for breakfast to go along with your waffle and eggs. And merci to ParisFred for the beautiful gift. Finally (for now anyways), thank you to Shin and Lisa for letting me be their convention booth buddy these past several years. Although it will be less often, I hope to continue to do so for many years to come...

Enough of this sappy stuff, on to the pictures....

Cheers,

-Jim

Al Feldstein

AlFeldstein.jpg

Gene Colan

GeneColan.jpg

Tony Harris

TonyHarris.jpg

Richard Hatch

RichardHatch.jpg

Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time! Hopefully in the future I can attend one of these shows and hang out with the forum folk!

Great job on the pics, Jimm! They are in focus and the poses are taken at just the right time. Are you a professional photographer? If not, you should consider it! Kudos! thumbsup2.gif

Outstanding report, Steve! I hope to post a more thorough report in the next few days, but I thought I'd at least take a minute to share a few images from various panel discussions I photographed.

I owe Rhino a huge debt of gratitude. Because of him passing on buying it, I had the opportunity to purchase a wonderful Kirby OA page from Kid Colt # 119. Thanks, man! thumbsup2.gif

Jim, I still can't tell you how happy I am you bought that page. yay.gif

Post it soon, bro, cuz I've got a nice shot of you holding it. grin.gif

And I'm not saying Greggy rubbed off on me, but I've got this strange urge to buy some sweet, sweet DC 100-pagers.... 27_laughing.gif

headbang.gif

Great job on the pics, Jimm! They are in focus and the poses are taken at just the right time. Are you a professional photographer? If not, you should consider it! Kudos! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, Iggy! Actually, I am a professional photographer in addition to a full time "day job" in another industry. I shoot many different things, but specialize in sports and photojournalism.

-Jim

Hi Steve,

Go right ahead and post your shot when you have a chance. It will be a few days before I can make a nice picture of just the page, so me holding it with a *spoon* eating grin on my face will do just fine!

-Jim

You're the best Jim! The boys out here are gonna have to drag you out for a Super-Con one of these days. SF is a lesser place without you man. We'll be waiting for you in SD.

PS: Thanks for the SGT Fury run!

Hi Steve,

Go right ahead and post your shot when you have a chance. It will be a few days before I can make a nice picture of just the page, so me holding it with a *spoon* eating grin on my face will do just fine!

-Jim

As requested, here's jimm94 with a sweet, sweet page of Kirby art. 893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif

DSC02101.jpg

headbang.gif

any more pictures of dee dee? opps.......did i just say that?

27_laughing.gif

I'm sure glad nobody here is perpetuating the stereotype of comic book geeks being lonely social misfits... tongue.gifpoke2.gif

And I'm afraid those are all the pics I have of DeeDee. I bet tonystarkfan has some though! tonofbricks.gif

27_laughing.gif

I'm sure glad nobody here is perpetuating the stereotype of comic book geeks being lonely social misfits... tongue.gifpoke2.gif

...GIRL GOOD!,...Greggy like girl,...girl soft like bunny....GOOOOOD!,....

frankenstein&bride.jpg

27_laughing.gif

...GIRL GOOD!,...Greggy like girl,...girl soft like bunny....GOOOOOD!,....

frankenstein&bride.jpg

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

lol

You haven't read any of MutantKey's posts, eh? wink.gifgrin.gif

Hey, I like MutantKeys! He said I was diesel (although I'm old and don't know what that means 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif )

Paul said I looked like Larry from Three's Company!

Back when I was a young buck with a ponytail and 80s big hair, women told me I looked like Nick from Family Ties.

I'm not sure if either is a compliment! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Then vs now confused-smiley-013.gif

Then:

scottvalentinefrench-1.jpg

Now:

bestlarry8xy.png