• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhino's WonderCon Report updated with MORE compromising photos! :banana:

80 posts in this topic

...wow,..that's a slippery slope,... tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif I always thought I looked like me. confused-smiley-013.gif

...You looked like you to me.... confused-smiley-013.gif,...plus you got points for wearing a designer shirt to the dinner,...

Whoops, found a couple more photos. Enjoy! yay.gif

Jbud and Jimm at Shin's booth

DSC02052-1.jpg

Lee from Lee's Comics by his spinner rack. He offered a free comic from the rack to CGC forum members. I got my free comic! yay.gif

DSC02049.jpg

JBud (Jason) does his best "baiting" Greggy graemlin impression....

DSC02044.jpg

FatPinko, Jeff G, and Ron Murray, hamming it up for the camera. I will go on record here and thank FFB and Liz for sharing a KILLER bottle of Quilceda Creek with us. Mighty generous. And...YUM!!!

DSC02111.jpg

Lee needs to update that Used Car Salesman look.

27_laughing.gif People chide Lee for posting promotional stuff in the Comics General forum, but he made good on what he said -- his spinner rack was full of comics, including some Silver and Golden Age readers, which he sold for $2 each -- but gave any book from the rack free to forumites for stopping by his booth.

I was more than happy to pick up a reader copy of Marvel Collector's Item Classics #7, which reprints Fantastic Four 13, Tales of Suspense 44, Hulk 5, and Strange Tales 117. That's good readin'! cloud9.gif

Lee needs to update that Used Car Salesman look.

27_laughing.gif People chide Lee for posting promotional stuff in the Comics General forum, but he made good on what he said -- his spinner rack was full of comics, including some Silver and Golden Age readers, which he sold for $2 each -- but gave any book from the rack free to forumites for stopping by his booth.

I was more than happy to pick up a reader copy of Marvel Collector's Item Classics #7, which reprints Fantastic Four 13, Tales of Suspense 44, Hulk 5, and Strange Tales 117. That's good readin'! cloud9.gif

I thought that was a pretty cool gesture thumbsup2.gif

GREAT pics Steve! 893applaud-thumb.gif the forum dinner was great, don't think it could've been any better thumbsup2.gif

Thanks DeeDee, the only thing that would have made it better would have been to have more time to talk to people! I mean, I met so many other forumites that I barely had time to talk to or get good pictures of like seank, garthgantu, rocketeer, cw, houseofcomics, and on and on. It truly was great to put faces with so many names and board handles!

If you and Jim get to Chi-town anytime soon give a shout! thumbsup2.gif

gossip.gif Vegas needs a comic convention.... grin.gif

GREAT pics Steve! 893applaud-thumb.gif the forum dinner was great, don't think it could've been any better thumbsup2.gif

Thanks DeeDee, the only thing that would have made it better would have been to have more time to talk to people! I mean, I met so many other forumites that I barely had time to talk to or get good pictures of like seank, garthgantu, rocketeer, cw, houseofcomics, and on and on. It truly was great to put faces with so many names and board handles!

Will do thumbsup2.gif

Wish Vegas had a comic-con... then we could have the forum dinner in a private room... at Scores! yay.gifinsane.gif

Will do thumbsup2.gif

Wish Vegas had a comic-con... then we could have the forum dinner in a private room... at Scores! yay.gifinsane.gif

Must....resist....urge.....to....comment..... 27_laughing.gif

Actually, I think I should come out and pre-scout the locations! grin.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

Will do thumbsup2.gif

Actually, I think I should come out and pre-scout the locations! grin.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

27_laughing.gif If you do, you know who to call thumbsup2.gif

Will do thumbsup2.gif

Why . . . Hello kitty! grin.gif

Will do thumbsup2.gif

...I obviously missed something after I left,... yeahok.gif

Will do thumbsup2.gif

shy.gif

Will do thumbsup2.gif

And with that comment I just felt the brains of a thousand male board members exploding... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

One of Patrick McDonnell's Mutt's Strips. This one is a homage to underground comics and Frank Zappa's album. He incorporates a lot of comic homages into his Sunday strips.

DSC02088.jpg

gossip.gifBig Brother and the Holding Company poke2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Al Feldstein

AlFeldstein.jpg

Gene Colan

GeneColan.jpg

Tony Harris

TonyHarris.jpg

Richard Hatch

RichardHatch.jpg

Is it me or do the really creative guys ALWAYS wave their hands??

VERY nice reports guys !! thumbsup2.gif

Will do thumbsup2.gif

We used to do that at all the NY shows and the Sotheby's and Christies' auctions. Quite the times we had! cloud9.gif

Got some interesting stories locked away...