• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Davis Crippen "D" thread, I want to know more! Can anyone share the History? *DELETED*

14 posts in this topic

Davis. gossip.gif

Do a search for Davis Crippen on Google. Heritage did a big write-up when it released the collection and several big mainstream media pubs, including the Wall Street Journal, did features on Davis and the collection.

I'd like to hear more about the earlier release in the early 90's - something about a gun, a hotel room and a grocery bag full of comics. What's the story? confused.gif

You're thinking of the Central Valley collection. gossip.gif

I'd like to hear more about the earlier release in the early 90's - something about a gun, a hotel room and a grocery bag full of comics. What's the story? confused.gif

You're thinking of the Central Valley collection. gossip.gif

Ah! blush.gif Well, I'd like to hear the Central Valley story too then. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There was theft involved with the Crippen collection though, right?

There was theft involved with the Crippen collection though, right?

Yes, an initial batch of books was apparently stolen from Davis' house in NY, and were brought to market by Metropolis, which is why the pedigree was already known before the rest of the collection surfaced this past year and before the history behind the collection and its owner emerged.

Wow, thanks for the article bump. Very interesting, differs from what I read last night after posting the thread. To bad the family can't do much to the theif, at least the theif sold to comic shops and the books are out in general pop. for others to have a shot at someday.