• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Scarce book. Amazing Mystery Funnies # 2. Second Bill Everett cover; first Everett artwork inside. A low grade good and it's the only one I've seen for sale in years. I feel lucky just to own this one. 1938 classic!

scan0005.jpg

Posted this one in the main H-a-C thread in General, but I thought I'd post it here as well..

Our own FlyingDonut saw my post re: this 1947 Cheerios premium, and quickly tracked this one down for me, at below guide 893applaud-thumb.gif Thanks again, Dan!

Only major flaw is a 1" tear extending from the top near the spine...

This is one of my personal grails, in my quest to acquire every Barks duck story in its original form. This one had until recently never been reprinted, because Disney didn't like the fact that the citizens of Duckburg have their hair fall out as a result of Donald detonating A-bombs around town! Apparently WDC&S 571 includes a reprint, but the final panels have been changed, so that Donald isn't selling his hair-restoration tonic, but is instead giving it away... somehow that makes his original transgression okay..?!

374673-dduckatombomb-fc1b.jpg

374673-dduckatombomb-fc1b.jpg.f37bec418c13fc4e6e626c80be42ec5c.jpg