• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

I don't know what Terrors of the Jungle usually sell for, but it looks like you got a great deal for a VF.

They don't show up often enough in high grade for me to know either, and while I didn't look it up in the guide before bidding...I now see I got it at about the Fine price. LB Cole books have cooled off considerably since the mid-to-late 90's, which is good news for me!! cloud9.gif

That Shomburg guy isn't too shabby either

That Schomburg guy is terrible - If you have any of his stuff you should sell it now, at fire sale prices, before the bottom drops out - especially his WW2 covers - hurry! I might know some poor fool wiling to buy them from you.

Just received another batch of Mickey Mouse Magazine file copies.

Finding a 1930s book like the one below is pretty rare. The white

area in the lower right corner is part of the watercolor; the only real

defect is a tiny ding in the upper right corner which looks much

worse on the scan than on the actual book.

M3-12.jpg

Noticed that Harley Yee has a 8.5 copy of this classic story up on eBay, so figured I'd post my copy of Four Color 282, the Pixilated Parrot. Graded 9.2 by CGC, with OW-W pages.

526380-FC%20282.jpg

589a8b09b99e2_526380-FC282.jpg.3d56cba9dd3303bb9f2c3409c7ad3b4d.jpg

Edited by tth2

Here 's a scan of my newest acquisition. Early superman fans will recognize it instantly. I've been wanting this book for about a year and finally picked it up on ebay for BIN of $300. Sold as VG. Cover and pages seem better except for a 1.25 inch tear through back cover and last couple of pages. Love that cover and the blue background. Gonna show it off to my uncle who fought for the Germans back in 1943 when this came out. grin.gifsuperman23.jpg

Edited by CatskillMike

Here 's a scan of my newest acquisition. Early superman fans will recognize it instantly. I've been wanting this book for about a year and finally picked it up on ebay for BIN of $300. Sold as VG. Cover and pages seem better except for a 1.25 inch tear through back cover and last couple of pages. Love that cover and the blue background. Gonna show it off to my uncle who fought for the Germans back in 1943 when this came out. grin.gifsuperman23.jpg

two things:

why is superman swimming?

your uncle fought FOR the germans? crazy.

two things:

why is superman swimming?

your uncle fought FOR the germans? crazy.

He is swimming because it has been a half hour since he has eaten so it's ok. But the man of steel must wait one hour after eating before he can fly.