• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

All the covers on this page are fantastic, but banner's Startling is my favorite.

Here is a nice copy of Four Color 62, my favorite Disney comic ever as far as

contents is concerned. Sorry about the pictures: I took these before I bought

my scanner and resold the book a couple of years ago to buy some Barks

originals. Still, FC62 is not often seen this nice (another VF+ sold for $3,780

last December) so I thought I'd make an exception.

fc62a.jpg

fc62b.jpg

Well. it's a low grade copy, but I've wanted a Phantom Lady comic for years and this one came along at the right price - nice pages as well. Now I'll have even more of desire to break the piggy bank for a #17 one of these days.

633720-pl15.jpg

633720-pl15.jpg.f35e85ae4308616a06fdfa1266693ae5.jpg

Well. it's a low grade copy, but I've wanted a Phantom Lady comic for years and this one came along at the right price - nice pages as well. Now I'll have even more of desire to break the piggy bank for a #17 one of these days.

633720-pl15.jpg

I also am eyeing some low grade PHANTOM LADY books. They are amazing, and Matt Baker draws the most amazing eye candy! Congratulations on the book!

I had a piece of great luck this past Sunday. I went to a LCS that I hadn't been to in quite a while, and they were having their annual fall sale, with 35% off all back issues. I decided to take advantage of it and get a few things I would NEVER have gotten if not for the sale.

Once the owner saw some of the issues I'd picked out, he decided to give me 40% off instead of 35%. So I basically got these for 40% below guide. Even though I don't normally collect these titles, I was VERY happy with my purchase.

Here's the first one (Wonder Woman #41):

635092-WonderWoman41.jpg

635092-WonderWoman41.jpg.2b7ccb1d2e23fd78539955e7515b3143.jpg

And here's the second one (Detective Comics # 151). I got these thinking that I'd sell them at some point in the future and (hopefully) more than make my money back (since I got them with the discount), but I don't know...I love this old stuff! smile.gif It's nice to own them and to have gotten such a good deal on them.

635095-Detective151.jpg

635095-Detective151.jpg.7063c2717372dda9b182b300834d0be9.jpg

Books do Furnish a Room??

Well, I'm sure they do, but no, that wasn't the store. smile.gif Foundation's Edge right off Hillsborough St. across from NCSU's campus. The sale was this past weekend, but they said they only advertised it to their subscribers (I just happened to go into the store).

They have another big annual sale on Feb. 14th for all the V-Day haters. smile.gif

One of my favorite WW covers cloud9.gif. Congrats on your new books 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! It was quite a pleasant surprise to be able to get them. I'm finally dipping my big toe into the Golden Age! smile.gif I thought it would be years before I was able to do that.