• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Yeah!! It's that Lou Fine guy!!! gossip.gifyay.gifyay.gif

yup and here is another early less well known cover by Mr. Fine......jon 691381-1scanjumbo9.jpg

Jon, that Jumbo # 9 is a knockout!! headbang.gif & quite Scarce to boot,you ain't kiddin!!!

I only recently became aware of these issues and to be honest I have lost a lot of confidence in the operation as a whole as a result. I just saw a GA book that have a "spot of glue which was holding the centerfold in" yet it still was given the blue label. confused-smiley-013.gif Stuff like this is too objective to not question the Heritage connection, etc.

The fact that they will offer pressing under the NGC umbrella just further confirms (to me at least) that it all about the money first, not the hobby. As Paull said if the message wasn't so shrill more people would probably speak up about it.

I am sure this has been discussed, but i find this all very troubling.....jon

http://www.comiccollectors.net/latest_news.php?filter=1&article_id=38

Jon;

This issue has been discussed in detail on the General Forum through various pressing threads. The key thread being the one where Steve B. confirms that CGC's parent company is holding talks with Chris F. in setting up a separate company under their umbrella to provide this exact (dis)service to the marketplace.

Anybody good at providing some links for Jon to review this topic so that we can get his insight on this very critical issue. Thanks!