• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

What are the insides of those books like? Are there a lot of comics, or is it mostly text, puzzle pieces, photos etc? Would you consider them a comic book or a magazine?

The interiors are mostly text, etc. As I recall (haven't paged through one in years) there are some strip reprints and that's about it for comics. The covers more than make up for it though cloud9.gif

I came VERY close to buying that book off CL. Very reasonable price, I thought.

Thought so too. thumbsup2.gif I believe it was about $250 under guide. I pulled the trigger pretty quickly on it for fear that others were looking at it. Guess I was right. grin.gif

The bronze continues to be good to me, so i've picked up another Golden Age beauty. I love the cover on this book, as it sums up for me in one image just why 1940's comic books are so deliciously tough in high grade. yay.gif

RAD710B62004108_233511.jpg

I said it before, and I'll say it again...

hail.gif

I am the person that picked up the Crowley of Batman 45 book from Metro. $275 seemed cheap to me. I have always loved that cover! Congrats on nabbing one of the other copies Metro had!

I agree that the cover to #45 is wonderful; I love all of the GA Batman Christmas and winter themed covers. I've been very pleased with Metro's grading and customer service. I plan on making some more GA purchases from them in the near future.

Congratulations on the Crowley, post it sometime if you're able.

Just got it today from ComicLink, did miss the same book a couple of years ago on Heritage, now the book has a good home and is relieved from his "iron maiden" tongue.gif

AdventureComics77.jpg

These Jack Kirby covers are so good, still miss some issues. insane.gif

Just got it tooday from ComicLink, did miss the same book a couple of years ago on Heritage, now the book has a good home and is relised from his "iron maiden" tongue.gif

AdventureComics77.jpg

Sweeeet! I keep wanting to collect the Kirby Sandman Adventures, and posts like this make me ask why I haven't started.

Just got it today from ComicLink, did miss the same book a couple of years ago on Heritage, now the book has a good home and is relieved from his "iron maiden" tongue.gif

AdventureComics77.jpg

That's a nice book! Congrats! thumbsup2.gif

AdventureComics77.jpg

Really nice book, Fred!

Won this today at the Heritage auction! I've wanted a copy for a long, long time, and the closest I got before was the double cover 8.0 Metropolis had, but they wanted nearly $1200 for that copy. This is almost as nice, but not nearly as expensive. The front cover is a classic, and the back cover is pretty cool too! cloud9.gif

cdnp33.jpg

cdnp33b.jpg

Won this today at the Heritage auction! I've wanted a copy for a long, long time, and the closest I got before was the double cover 8.0 Metropolis had, but they wanted nearly $1200 for that copy. This is almost as nice, but not nearly as expensive. The front cover is a classic, and the back cover is pretty cool too! cloud9.gif

cdnp33.jpg

cdnp33b.jpg

Wow! I'd say you did very well with this book! Classic cover & The book looks great! I guess the couple of finger prints on the back cover knocked it down, 'cause it looks VF to me! thumbsup2.gif

How much did you save, as opposed to the Metro $1,200.00 price? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif