• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

Just picked this one up off Heritage. Vastly under valued by Overstreet and very difficult to find in any grade. It's not high grade, but looks damn good for a mid grade.. cloud9.gif

mywings91.jpg

Thought you might enjoy the recreation I had Bob do of this cover....

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=37966&GSub=5028&GCat=0&UCat=0

I've been looking for this book for a long time. I regard it as the best of the non-GL All-American covers.

aa47.jpg

I never noticed that before -- and you're right, that's a great cover!

Sweet pickup! headbang.gif

Thought you might enjoy the recreation I had Bob do of this cover....

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=37966&GSub=5028&GCat=0&UCat=0

Yeah, I've gone through your gallery over at comicartfans before. Love that piece. I have Darrly Banks doing a recreation of it for me right now. I should have it in a couple of weeks. It won't be colored, but I'm still eager. Does Bob still do commission work?

DOIBY, GREAT BOOK that Batman # 47 , Congrats!!! enjoy!!!

Here's one that's been on my want list for along time!!!

scan0001.jpg

I love that Eye cover, I've wanted one since seeing it in a GA cover compendium from the seventies. Congrats! 893applaud-thumb.gif

My latest purchase off Ebay. Won it Thursday night and paid for it a few minutes after the auction ended. Book was shipped today!!! It will be a nice upgraded to the restored copy I have!

batman13.jpg

That's a really nice copy, congratulations! thumbsup2.gif

WOW! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

What an enormous ......... scan

And that's a fabulous copy!!!!

Thanks for posting.

Just got this one as well. I've never owned it in the past, and I now have all three of the "classic" Scarecrow books(World's Finest #3, this one and Batman #189).

763750-scan0022.jpg

763750-scan0022.jpg.54e7b1ae1716762f0a3fa1ae3c40eeec.jpg

Nice pickup! Scarecrow was a well-thought out, colorful villain for Batman. Having all 3 of those appearances is quite a coup! thumbsup2.gif

The Detective seems like the hardest of the three to find. There are several WF #3's on Metro's site alone, and Bat 189 isn't all that scarce. But it took me awhile to find that copy of Detective. Metro must have just listed it when I scooped it up, because I was always checking their website for one.