• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

AWWW!!!! Man, What a freakin Classic!!! Congrats!!! hail.gifcloud9.gif Disturbing , that People did such Horrid things ! We should never forget & hopefully learn, "mankind" from it, that something like this ever happens again!! Ever!!!!

It is a disturbing cover, and notably "timely" as this month is the 60th anniversary of the Russian liberation of Auschwitz. Period covers appeal to me as a reflection of different times - WWII covers, cold war covers, covers showing vintage automobiles and fashion, etc.,. thumbsup2.gif

That what I love about GA books, they really give you a perspective on the mind set of the western world back in the day. World War II was truly about fighting for one's country, true hero's. Unfortunantely wars today try and play on this theme but with little success in my mind. Hard to 100% endorse those brave soliders who have to put their neck on the line when really the main cause is more about commerce and gaining access to oil fields, etc.

While not as sweet a pick-up as Banner's Cap #46 - I recently aquired this All-Winners #14 on ebay from board member Dmac538. Graded by CGC as a 2.5 due to a loose cover, 1st 2 wraps and centerfold - It has great eye-appeal. I'm always happy when I can pick up a Timely with a Schomburg war cover that looks this nice for $200 including shipping (especially one with Cap on the cover).

827984-aw14.jpg

827984-aw14.jpg.85504a2a23c5637c5c6ccc0dd4a8ee9d.jpg

Hey all, I had this $3,500 issue stolen from me today at the Washington, D.C. ComicCon. 893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Please keep an eye out for it on e-bay or other auction sites. If anyone is offered a high-grade WW #20 for sale, please let me know ASAP. Could be that the thief breaks it out of the the CGC slab. DC Police were notified.

CGC Id # is 0046666011. Page quality is Off-White to White.

I can be contacted at (202) 498-0011 and/or the e-mail address below. Thanks!!!

828219-WW20.jpg

I was watching that auction too on the All Winners #14. Nice pick up and a great cover! Can't beat that price.

Ditto...glad you picked that up rj!! thumbsup2.gif

Mark,

What are those notations on the front cover or first page? That would pretty much give this book away, no? I would suggest that you post a separate thread (if you haven't already) in the general forum and the market place. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Good catch Silver, I actually forgot about that.

Looks like it says something like "UB-8", or GB-8" followed by "11-30".

So at least there will be a way to identify the book if it is set free.

You may want to also inform CGC, in case it's "set free", then sent in for re-certification. I don't know how much help that will be, but from what I understand, the folks at CGC are straight-up people who most likely will do what they can to watch out for it.

Purchased at Wizard World Philly ,Friday!! I've been looking along time for this one.One of my grails!!! It was a great show for books. I'll have more to post later!!

scan.jpg

Purchased at Wizard World Philly ,Friday!! I've been looking along time for this one.One of my grails!!! It was a great show for books. I'll have more to post later!!

scan.jpg

By far, one of the best Arrow covers, congrats!

scan.jpg

Great looking Centaur book that's pretty tough to find. Been looking for one for my own collection for a long time.

How did you grade this one and did you have to pay over guide to acquire your copy?

Congrats on your find! thumbsup2.gif

Another recent pick up from Wizard World Philly. I love these books ,the art is even better inside, Bill Everett, Carl Burgos, John Giunta, Frank Thomas, Etc. Scarce to boot ,Nov. 1939.

scan0001.jpg

Another recent pick up from Wizard World Philly. I love these books ,the art is even better inside, Bill Everett, Carl Burgos, John Giunta, Frank Thomas, Etc. Scarce to boot ,Nov. 1939.

scan0001.jpg

One of the coolest logos in comics... thumbsup2.gif

Just picked this up in the last week. Another one, I've been looking a long time for. Not easy to find these Nedors, as Jeff "Nearmint", on these boards will attest to. This goes along nicely with my Exciting Comics # 30, # 33, & # 39 Nazi Poison Candy Cover.One of the best IMO covers of the Golden Age!! Schomburg, went over the top on this one also.BTW, I remember Jeff posted his copy "higher grade "and it was a Beauty.

scan0002.jpg