• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Holy gee whiz!!!!!!

That's awesome.

Still, the blacks on this cover are incredible. What do you think kept this one below a FN/VF?
I think maybe because of the small upper right corner crease and a small color fleck on the spine. Maybe I'm lucky the book didn't come back Purple Label with small color touch covering the color flecks. Sometimes this kind of slight Restoration is hard to detect takeit.gif

Here's one I'll put also in the beater thread!!! Once owned by Don Foote, early collector & dealer , he goes back with Claude Held , Bill Thailling, ETC. Fandoms earliest members!!! Simon & Kirby, cloud9.gif has a zerox centerfold otherwise complete!!

scan0007.jpg

Cool book 143!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif With all the strife going on nowadays, here's one from my collection , I bought about 10 years ago. I like to see this thread kept going even in these troubled times . Enjoy!!

scan0001.jpg

Cool book 143!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif With all the strife going on nowadays, here's one from my collection , I bought about 10 years ago. I like to see this thread kept going even in these troubled times . Enjoy!!

scan0001.jpg

Great book! hail.gif I've got a 5.0 on the way from Heritage, it'll be the last expensive book I purchase for awhile.

I posted this book about 2 years ago, what the heck . Quite Scarce , Underated Schomburg Cover IMO!!!

scan0004.jpg

I love this cover. I need a nice copy!

It IS scarce!!! Raise your prices!!! makepoint.gif

gossip.gif Sorry, Nearmint,...I just had to,....... sorry.gif

poke2.gifhi.gif

this book has been on my pick up list for a while and when a fellow forum member gave me a tip on where it was being offered for sale, I couldn't pass it up, believe it or not, I ended up paying about $200 above guide, now, does that seem right for such a classic Golden Age Supes book ?? every other time I've seen this book for sale it's usually listed at $1000 or so above current guide,... in case you can't read the CGC label, it's a 6.5 ow/white pages..

Superman14.jpg