• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Timulty,

I was at the Mid-Ohio con this past weekend, and I saw a pretty healthy supply of Captain Marvel Adventures and Capt. Marv. Jr. you would have loved it.. I'm still working on my Actions and Supermans right now, but two CMA's I'd love to get would be #4 and #17...do you have those issues ?

Edited by thedude

No, sorry to say not. I just started collecting these in August. I am working my way to those issues. There is one on ebay, that is at $89.00 missing the centerfold. Problem is, I can never find a coverless to marry it to. Yes, I said that. Of course, I would slip a note in my collection about that one. I saw, a 4 on ebay not too long ago. I didn't bid because of grade and lack of familiarity with seller. Now, the guy I bought my 131 from has one on ebay right now. BIN of $189.00. He sold me the 131 at 6.5 grade. It came back from CGC at 8.0

Here is the link. It is graded at 3.0 but looks really nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAPTAIN-MARVEL-ADVEN...1QQcmdZViewItem

If I were going after a copy, this or the one at Metropolis are the most affordable. Though, I would rather get an 18, before this one. The 18 features a painted cover and introduces Mary Marvel.

Edited by Timulty

Hey, I was watching that auction too! Was curious how high it would go. I have a rough copy of this book (previously posted in the "beater grail" thread), but your copy blows mine away. Nice pickup! thumbsup2.gif

Just got this in. I overpaid, but so what?

punch.jpg

Let me count........1..........2............wow, 3 naked boobs are showing!! 893whatthe.gif

in my best count voice:

"One naked boob...Two naked boobs...<lightening strike> Three naked boobs...hah hah hah"

Just got the Bugs Bunny in. I'd rather have an 8.0 but this'll do until the eventual upgrade. And thanks for nothing Chuck Mc-See.

bb164.jpg

Funny thing...Chuck McCleary is a GA collector (about 65 years old or so) who bought thousands of books over the years and sold his collection a while back. It was named the "More Fun Collection." news.gif

West

Here's an uncommon book that works for the winter season... Billy Bunny Giant (Annual) 100 pager published by Farrell. I got a good deal on this one at the Wizard show in Philadelphia this past summer. I hope to eventually have a set of all the Farrell 100 pagers.

Anyone seen one of these recently?

1021982-BillyBunnyAnnual.jpg

1021982-BillyBunnyAnnual.jpg.23981ba0fa1e94465f3072a85e19c083.jpg

Edited by paull

How many are there? I know of the Voodoo Annual, the G-I in Battle Annual, the Fighting Man Annual. Are there others? I'm guessing there must be a romance one and another funny animal one at least. Pretty cool esoteric collection goal thumbsup2.gif