• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

On that Silver Streak #6, what does the stamp say?

"MONI" or "MUNI" near as I can tell. It's like a date stamp maybe? Maybe it was the first part of "MONDAY"? What you see is all there is of it.

Wow what a lofty goal, how many books would that be in tottal?
80. I have most of the easy ones (Weird Fantasy 16, All Star 18, Superman 5) and a few of the harder ones (Silver Streak 6, Prize 4, Out of This World) but I have NO idea how I'm going to get Acrion Comics 1, Tec 27, Wonder Comics 1, Marvel 1, or the Marvel Mystery Annual.

Books like Planet 1, GL 1, Batman 1 or even Superman 1 just cost money but they're out there. Since I have no minimum condition beyond "cover present" that should help some.

I will use the Famous Firsts and Flashbacks or other reprints as stand-ins but people are starting to charge idiotic money even for those. I don't want to pay $50 for a mass-marketed Tec 27 reprint in VG. That's silly.

Speaking of reprints, anyone have the Silver Streak 6 reprint in beat shape they'd let go cheap? I can't bring myself to read the one I got because with my luck I'd damage it. smile.gif

Two awesome books! 893whatthe.gif

Congratulations!

Ahhhhh. Moon Girl ... what a title. Wacky and serious at the same time.

And now it's MINE, ALL MINE --- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

moon_girl_5_mine.jpg

You go, Gozer The Gozerian!!!! That is a truly nice book. A Moldoff cover to boot!!!!yay.gif

Yep, what he said! Never seen that one before, and I thought I'd seen every EC.

Cool cover, beautiful colors. I love the abstraction of the red/black city in the background.

Congrats, Gozer!