• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

This one arrived in the mail a few days ago. Great price from the seller, but it was shipped bagged and boarded in a bubble envelope. 893whatthe.gif Except for that, I'd buy from this guy again.

thrilling55.jpg

Not golden age or pre-code, but I'm proud of this acquisition also. Purchased from SNE as a VG+, it arrived in my mailbox as a VG+. My previous experience with SNE was very positive and I'm happy with this one also.

As an added bonus, the book contains a house ad for Flash 105. Very nice.

batman121vg.jpg

thanks! insides are super white and supple as well. Now just 28 more books to complete my 'Superman From the 30's to the 70's' collection.

yeah, it's those first two pages in that book that are a Beech, plus some of the 1950s comics, the Silver and Bronze are easy, do you have all the 60s and 70s books listed in the book ?

I have about 80% of the 60's and 70's ones, and maybe half of the 50's. The 50's ones are a [embarrassing lack of self control] to find in better than Fine, and even then...

The first page will be the toughest, clearly- I already have the second page except #50, which seems tough to get for some reason. Otherwise, those issues are VERY easy to get in nice shape, at discount.

WANTED TO BUY- SUPERMAN #50!

are you collecting the exact same set?

are you collecting the exact same set?

sorta, I've got several different collecting goals going on at once... I'd like to get all the ones pictured in the "30s to 70s" book, plus, I'm working on an Action run from #40-50, and also I'd like to get all the Neal Adams Manbat covers, I've only got the Tec 400 so far..

so does this mean your signature is not entirely accurate? wink.gif

27_laughing.gif yeah, that can't be taken literally, it's more of a "waiting to exhale" type of statement..since those two Actions (for me at least) seem to be the toughest to find in the 40-50 range. I don't think I'll ever completly move on with life.. insane.gif

sorta, I've got several different collecting goals going on at once...

(1) I'd like to get all the ones pictured in the "30s to 70s" book,

(2) I'm working on an Action run from #40-50,

(3) I'd like to get all the Neal Adams Manbat covers, I've only got the Tec 400 so far..

(4) Find an Action 13 for my buddy Durden

Just sorting out your collecting goals into an easy to read list shy.gif

(1) I'd like to get all the ones pictured in the "30s to 70s" book,

(2) I'm working on an Action run from #40-50,

(3) I'd like to get all the Neal Adams Manbat covers, I've only got the Tec 400 so far..

(4) Find an Action 13 for my buddy Durden

27_laughing.gif thanks, I appreciate that, how could I forget that, this list will help so much when I'm looking for books on the convention floor, tongue.gif

I think your priorities are out of whack.

(1) Thank Matt for not bidding on that book I wanted by finding him Action #39

(2) I'd like to get all the ones pictured in the "30s to 70s" book,

(3) I'm working on an Action run from #40-50,

(4) I'd like to get all the Neal Adams Manbat covers, I've only got the Tec 400 so far..

(5) Find an Action 13 for my buddy Durden, but then offer Matt the chance to outbid him

27_laughing.gif thanks, I appreciate that, how could I forget that, this list will help so much when I'm looking for books on the convention floor, tongue.gif

A couple of new additions... the first two are from SDCC and the last one from Ebay..

My first Phantom Lady

PhantomLady03.jpg

A nice Nellie 8. The spots on her skin are ink spots from printing frown.gif

Nellie08.jpg

A title that is mostly under-appreciated...

SuperMagicianV3-09.jpg