• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

I picked this up to match the National 7 that I posted last week (on pg 292) - I think they make a nice pair. grin.gif

Near flawless raw copy except for some slight fraying and a tiny nick out at the bottom spine. White interior covers and white pages, too.

100_1023.jpg

Lou Fine is... divine!!

STEVE Got Larson?

Where'd you get that beauty?

The same place I got this!

100_1036.jpg

(Answer: San Diego Comic Con, Motor City)

STEVE Got Larson?

I cannot believe the colour on that National #10! Is that for real? Or am I seeing things. Beautiful colors....man I feel like my collection is a piece of 893censored-thumb.gif when I look at that book. Where did you get most of your books from....they all look fantastic and like you just pulled 'em off the rack....

Congrats - just fantastic books!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I picked this up to match the National 7 that I posted last week (on pg 292) - I think they make a nice pair. grin.gif

Near flawless raw copy except for some slight fraying and a tiny nick out at the bottom spine. White interior covers and white pages, too.

100_1023.jpg

Lou Fine is... divine!!

STEVE Got Larson?

Always nice to see a guy whose golden age collection is in better shape than my modern age collection. 27_laughing.gifhail.gif

A few recent acquisitions...

Zoot 15 and Ghost Rider 8.( I bought it as a second choice as the 7 I was looking at had been sold but not pulled from the dealers web site). I would have bought them both if it were still there. cloud9.gif The Zoot was an ebay purchase. The All Star was a trade deal with KingofRulers thumbsup2.gif1423103-10.2.06003.jpg1423103-10.2.06004.jpg1423103-10.2.06002.jpg1423103-10.2.06028.jpg

And lastly a picture of my 6 year old playing a little hockey..... acclaim.gifyay.gif

1423103-10.2.06028.jpg.3377e0952ebfd48a4c368b03b54eab8b.jpg

Beautiful books! You've been picking up some great stuff.

...and a future Scott Gomez!

I played noon hockey this summer and after the game, Scotty Gomez was shooting a CGI commercial. I videotaped it on my brother in laws video camera and had a couple pucks signed for the kids. My brother in law lives in Miami, so I have yet to see the video. makepoint.gif

A few recent acquisitions...

Zoot 15 and Ghost Rider 8.( I bought it as a second choice as the 7 I was looking at had been sold but not pulled from the dealers web site). I would have bought them both if it were still there. cloud9.gif The Zoot was an ebay purchase. The All Star was a trade deal with KingofRulers thumbsup2.gif1423103-10.2.06003.jpg1423103-10.2.06004.jpg1423103-10.2.06002.jpg1423103-10.2.06028.jpg

And lastly a picture of my 6 year old playing a little hockey..... acclaim.gifyay.gif

I just love that Ghost Rider hi.gif

Now i better leave this forum before im spotted shy.gif

Always nice to see a guy whose golden age collection is in better shape than my modern age collection. 27_laughing.gifhail.gif

lolthumbsup2.gif

And yes, the National 10 is for real - it looks every bit as good in person.

Look at Sheena on the cover of that Jumbo 17 - she's almost maniacal to get hold of the native's big spear!

STEVE Got Larson?

I know, I was looking at 8 and 9 at the time, tonofbricks.gif

I still need a little help with this one: You were looking at 8 and 9 so you said 7?

We're certain you got the 9 because we can see the pic. Which book did you want but couldn't get? popcorn.gif

100_1036.jpg

STEVE Got Larson?

The Gerber guide does not do that book justice -- I love the absolutely gorgeous coloring! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I still need a little help with this one: You were looking at 8 and 9 so you said 7?

We're certain you got the 9 because we can see the pic. Which book did you want but couldn't get? popcorn.gif

I want #7....I bought #9.....I was also looking at a #8.....

I still want a # 7 #7 #7 #7 hail.gif

Can't one of you long time collectors let a reasonably high grade copy loose.

the copy that I was provided the link to was already sold on Steven Lauterbach's website. I did buy the 9. Yup...pretty sure it was 9. insane.gif

I want #7....I bought #9.....I was also looking at a #8.....

I still want a # 7 #7 #7 #7 hail.gif

Can't one of you long time collectors let a reasonably high grade copy loose.

the copy that I was provided the link to was already sold on Steven Lauterbach's website. I did buy the 9. Yup...pretty sure it was 9. insane.gif

That helped, thanks!

I don't know where the 7 is. Steve sold several of these through a comic link auction earlier this year.

I believe the #7 ended up with a local store in Vegas and has since been sold.

It was a beautiful 9.2 White with perfect QP from what I could tell. Steve was asking $750 on his website, and the dealer purportedly sold it for around $900.

It's multiples of guide.....but I wouldn't have minded having it at the $750 level. The Number 9 was priced at $450 on the website and actually is still shown.

If someone has a decent copy of #7 I'd be very interested.

Thanks