• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Time to start posting some recent arrivals. This one was purchased last week from my LCS. I wonder if Paratrooper has seen this one? Trooper cover AND story inside:

1508544-fight21vg.jpg

1508544-fight21vg.jpg.cdc08e0e9281c18a9083a34aaf9992bf.jpg

Edited by seank

Time to start posting some recent arrivals. This one was purchased last week from my LCS. I wonder if Paratrooper has seen this one? Trooper cover AND story inside:

1508544-fight21vg.jpg

Yup, I identified that as a want in my collection.....would happen to be selling that issue.....

Waiting for this one to come in... My first Duck!! Thought it looked pretty good for the VG+ it's listed as (stoopid chip at the bottom). Hope it presents as well as it looks in the scans 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Crippen collection is kicking out some nice cheap books thumbsup2.gif

WDCS52.jpg

get lost in how well the edges of the sana costume fur is done...

Somebody needs to get out more. poke2.gif

Even though I'm not an artist, I still get goosebumps from seemingly small but beautiful aspects of comic art. Guess that's why I keep collecting.

One of my favorite covers EVER! Wait until you get it in person and get lost in how well the edges of the sana costume fur is done... cloud9.gif Seriously great pick up!

Hey Shiverbones, I heard that my friend Kimmarie is buying one of your paintings! yay.gif

Last Fight. Senorita Rio now fights Sky Girl for my affections. If only it were so in real life...

1508568-fight44.jpg

Very nice....any restoration or was this from an OO....looks sweet thumbsup2.gif

Scans make the books look a bit better than they do in real life. Either the 43 or 44 has a slight bend in the cover like the book was almost folded. As far as I know, the books I bought have no restoration. I don't think they were from an OO collection. LCS bought 3 longboxes 893whatthe.gif of GA books. Two were just Fiction House, the last one GGA, silver DC war, and pre-code horror. Most of the books are low to mid grade with maybe 20% or less being fine or better beauties.

Last Fight. Senorita Rio now fights Sky Girl for my affections. If only it were so in real life...

1508568-fight44.jpg

Very nice....any restoration or was this from an OO....looks sweet thumbsup2.gif

Scans make the books look a bit better than they do in real life. Either the 43 or 44 has a slight bend in the cover like the book was almost folded. As far as I know, the books I bought have no restoration. I don't think they were from an OO collection. LCS bought 3 longboxes 893whatthe.gif of GA books. Two were just Fiction House, the last one GGA, silver DC war, and pre-code horror. Most of the books are low to mid grade with maybe 20% or less being fine or better beauties.

Sean,

How new is this collection. I saw some of the "new" books during the thanksgiving sale. Are these even "newer". If so, I may have to take a stroll down there. See any Nedors or MLJ's?

-Chris

1508568-fight44.jpg

Sean,

How new is this collection. I saw some of the "new" books during the thanksgiving sale. Are these even "newer". If so, I may have to take a stroll down there. See any Nedors or MLJ's?

-Chris

Don't know about Nedors or MLJs, but the collection is so new you'd have to ask Brian about it directly. It hasn't been integrated in to the regular stock.