• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

I have been working on a new goal. Wow Comics #40 - #58 in CGC 8.5 or better. I already had a #50 in 8.5. These are ones that I've picked up recently... All Crowleys. I'm not a fan of the File Copy's, but I picked them up below guide and they'll do for now until I can get other copies...

wow47.jpg

wow49.jpg

Wow53.jpg

Wow54.jpg

What the heck, I feel like posting it in here too!!!

I don't blame you!

Were's that "green with envy" graemlin?

yeah, it looks that way! I didn't know you were friends! She seems like a really great person from the little communication we've had. thumbsup2.gif

She cuts my hair. Super great person, very cool, likes comics too! I sent her a link to your site a while ago because I figured she'd like your painting style. 893applaud-thumb.gif

That book is famous and well-traveled! It's one of the books that I got from the thief who stole Ted's books at the NY show. The thief had stolen it from SoCalComics (where I assume you just bought it), and sold it to me. I gave it back to Jamie at SoCalComics when we discovered it was stolen.

The big missing chip at the bottom is my fault. frown.gif It used to be just two tears, but I snagged it when putting it in mylar. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Still a great book though! 893applaud-thumb.gif You are right about the condition. Very nice, and really good page quality too, as I recall.

The parade continues! I love books like this, that present so much nicer then actual grade. If not for the 2 chips this is an easy FN with an almost perfectly flat, unmarred central cover. The Superman Christmas story inside is great too... cloud9.gif

1510893-action93.jpg

The big missing chip at the bottom is my fault. frown.gif It used to be just two tears, but I snagged it when putting it in mylar. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Butterfingers. foreheadslap.gifpoke2.gif

Seriously though, that's why I NEVER, EVER use open top mylars unless I have them in a mylite or mylite2 first. Those are designed to tear up edges and I have no idea why people seem to like them so much.

Seriously though, that's why I NEVER, EVER use open top mylars unless I have them in a mylite or mylite2 first. Those are designed to tear up edges and I have no idea why people seem to like them so much.

I love them, but you definitely have to be careful with them. I shrieked in agony when that chip came off. I tried to use The Force to reattach the piece with my mental powers, but it didn't work either. sorry.gif

I love them, but you definitely have to be careful with them. I shrieked in agony when that chip came off. I tried to use The Force to reattach the piece with my mental powers, but it didn't work either. sorry.gif

27_laughing.gif Luckily I have yet to do significant damage to any book in my possession, but it's really only a matter of time. Sooner or later something will happen, probably a tape pull.

Isn't there a story about a dealer shaving the cover of a AA 16 off with an open top mylar? Or is that an urban myth?