• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif

Great cover. I like Schomburg's work best when the cover isn't overly cluttered or full of his standard bright red scheme. This one's very appealing.

I suspect Schomburg did not color his covers. Most artists weren't consulted and non-Schomburg Timely covers nearly always had the red color scheme with only an occasional yellow or green tossed in for variety. In the case of his airbrush work where he did do his own coloring I find them quite pleasing.

I've always wanted a copy of this hard to find one-shot. So, after negotiating with the seller, I finally got this little gem. It was represented as VF/NM. I think if I get it slabbed, it would come back at 8.5, maybe 9.0. confused-smiley-013.gif Regardless of condition, I'm happy to pick up a copy. thumbsup2.gif

KoKomics1-1.jpg

I've always wanted a copy of this hard to find one-shot. So, after negotiating with the seller, I finally got this little gem. It was represented as VF/NM. I think if I get it slabbed, it would come back at 8.5, maybe 9.0. confused-smiley-013.gif Regardless of condition, I'm happy to pick up a copy. thumbsup2.gif

KoKomics1-1.jpg

isn't that one cyclone comics pet project?

It will arrive in a couple days. I've seen someone post the interior before & it was pretty cool if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I've seen someone here that has a ton of them. makepoint.gif I was surprised to find any copy, let alone a really nice one.

...what are the interiors/stories/art like?

I've seen someone post the interior before & it was pretty cool if I remember correctly.

Agreed, pretty cool...

100_1448.jpg

100_1450.jpg

100_1451.jpg

Yeah, I've seen someone here that has a ton of them.

So now there are TWO copies (mine and Justin's) out there to drive CycloneComics bonkers <fade to black, cue evil laughter in the background>

STEVE

Wow, without any new posts in like a whole day, the "Timely cigar" thead suddenly got like 350 page views in a couple of hours, just enough to creep ahead of this one. If I didn't know better I'd think someone really wants it to be the "most viewed" thread. wink.gif

Fun to watch...

Wow, without any new posts in like a whole day, the "Timely cigar" thead suddenly got like 350 page views in a couple of hours, just enough to creep ahead of this one. If I didn't know better I'd think someone really wants it to be the "most viewed" thread. wink.gif

Fun to watch...

GA is the place to be. I have learned more about comics in this section alone than all of others combined, tons of fun.

Just in from Weird Paper, kudos. A mini grail for me as this is one of those under the radar books thats impossible to find. The high grade copies go for ridiculous money and all thats left are overpriced low low grade. Gotta love the mid grade copy at a great price. Thanks. Here's the payoff. See the 1st panel thread for the interior 1st appearance.

tt38.jpg

tt38a.jpg