• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,441 posts in this topic

Just got this one in today too. Its been at the top of my want list since I saw this book for the first time at the San Diego Comic Con this summer. Would've really liked one in better condition, but the price was right and most of the defects seem to have skipped over the part with the alien, which is the main reason I wanted the comic anyway.

WeirdTalesoftheFuture5.jpg

Just got this one in today too. Its been at the top of my want list since I saw this book for the first time at the San Diego Comic Con this summer. Would've really liked one in better condition, but the price was right and most of the defects seem to have skipped over the part with the alien, which is the main reason I wanted the comic anyway.

Great cover thumbsup2.gif

I like the lady you like the alien... oh well, different strokes for different folks grin.gif

I like the lady you like the alien... oh well, different strokes for different folks grin.gif

Hehe that alien is just too cool. It draws my attention straight towards it and makes everything else fade into the backround.

I'm very conflicted about this book. I'm very excited to be so close to finishing my Marvel Mystery run. And if anything, the front cover looks better than I expected. But the top staple is rusted and pulled through the front cover. Given my record for accidentally causing covers to come detached from old Golden age books, I'm afraid to own a book attached at just one staple frown.gif Still, very strong eye appeal for a VG/F...

MarvelMystery6.jpg

Nice book Filter, was this their R 7.0 copy?

I think they had it listed as a restored 6.5. The resto looks pretty amateur on the back cover but overall I'm very happy with the grade. It'll fit in very well with the rest of my run which are all in similar condition.

Nice book Filter, was this their R 7.0 copy?

I think they had it listed as a restored 6.5. The resto looks pretty amateur on the back cover but overall I'm very happy with the grade. It'll fit in very well with the rest of my run which are all in similar condition.

Nice and I like the issue #6. Tough books to find in high grade for sure. thumbsup2.gif

I love that book Adam. I used the alien on my business cards when I had the comic stores.

Before handing it to people, after a sale, I would say "Thanks for the business, and if you would like to send me your want list, please do so. Here is my card with the contact information on it, I've also included my picture so it will be easy to remember me!" They'd look at the card and see the alien and bust out laughing....most of the time. Some thought I was serious.. blush.gif

By request,

Cool sulfur page by Kiefer! I wonder whether a flat scan of this page exists -- obvously you wouldn't want to destroy the spine of yours by leaning on it. It does look a lot like a Famous Scientists feature in Classics Illustrated.

1613205-NewComics1-KieferFacts.jpg

I just had to repeat the Kelly page. Wonderful. Has anyone ever seen a flat scan of this spread? You got me jealous with that one.

1613205-NewComics1KellyGulliver.jpg

1613205-NewComics1KellyGulliver.jpg.4f6818b25fac1ed37a71030d6b583da3.jpg

By request,

Cool sulfur page by Kiefer! I wonder whether a flat scan of this page exists -- obvously you wouldn't want to destroy the spine of yours by leaning on it. It does look a lot like a Famous Scientists feature in Classics Illustrated.

Thanks! Did you Photoshop undistort Bill's scan? Similar stray marks.

1613205-NewComics1-KieferFacts.jpg

I just had to repeat the Kelly page. Wonderful. Has anyone ever seen a flat scan of this spread? You got me jealous with that one.

1613205-NewComics1KellyGulliver.jpg

Fantastic. That looks more like a different scan. Nice page that reminds me of some of Kelly's giants on Fairy Tale Parade.

This is great. I just ask for something and it appears. Does it work on anything besides comic book scans?

Thanks,

Jack

Accidently posted these in the Timely thread!

Sure you did. No way you could have posted them twice on purpose. wink.gif

Just yanking your chain. Again. There're still great books! cloud9.gif