• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

What a day!! Here a few Golden Age comics I picked up at the TORONTO COMIC CON!!

Headline Comics #14

scan0002-1.jpg

Awesome!! I especially like this one. It's not often you see penguins being used for paramilitary purposes. 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif I went by this one much too quickly as I was focusing on the kids with the machine gun but this is unbelievable. 27_laughing.gif

Doll Man #28 - Canadian Edition

scan0006-1.jpg

That's a cool-looking villain! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Doll Man #28 - Canadian Edition

scan0006-1.jpg

That's a cool-looking villain! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I thought so too!!

gossip.gif The gal in the polka dot bikini is nice touch as well!

I am not finished yet!! There is still more Golden Age comics I bought at the con.

The funny part is I have a few on hold for next week.

Note: A dealer brought in a huge collection of Golden Age and Early Silver Age Comics. (300+ books) Dealers had first crack at it then collectors!! Now, if I can only remember the name of the original owner. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Some comics on hold:

Strange Adventures #2

Feature Comics #144

Western comics (various)

Astonishing #29

Boy Comics (various)

Gang Busters #3

and a few more.....

Here is another pick up at the con!!

Blaze Carson #1 - Canadian Edition

scan0011-1.jpg

Here is another pick up at the con!!

Blaze Carson #1 - Canadian Edition

scan0011-1.jpg

Great books!

Nice to see that, despite being in the middle of a gunfight, the bad guy had time to write a threatening note to the sheriff, artistically sign it with a skull & crossbones, and throw it into the sign above him. It's little things like this that really enhance a bad guy's reputation.

Zoo Funnies #2 - Classic Cover (AKA, Overstreets buddy owns two copies he's trying to sell)

Here is one of my best purchases at the Toronto Comic Con!!! I will post a few more GA pics later!!

Zoo Funnies #2 - Classic Cover

scan0001-1.jpg

I love this book cloud9.gif...also posted in the FOUR COLORS thread. Virtually impossible to find unrestored with no cover chipping.....but I just found this one.

The neat thing about comic books, is that it's not always the most expensive ones that bring you the most joy.......that's the case for me with this truly Scarce condition sensitive FC74 / Little Lulu #1 from 1945. acclaim.gif

1628331-fc74.jpg

1628331-fc74.jpg.93d88cb66c758ce2121272c508c3e52a.jpg