• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,435 posts in this topic

speed18.jpg

Got this out of the McLaughlin/Heritage auction. It was listed raw as a vf/nm. I think they nailed it. I love the little tier of characters down the left side. Got the Green Hornet 8 out of the same auction and it has the same kind of cover layout.

jumbo14.jpg

Just got this. Jumbo 14 always has that weird faded/washed out look. This copy certainly has it in the logo. Why was that? It looks like a transfer stain through from the inside cover add. Makes it hard to find a copy with nice eye appeal. But the colors are super bright on this one. Gotta like Edgar's books.

hangman6.jpg

A little funny book for your viewing pleasure. Got this off of ebay 4-5 years ago. It was graded an 8.5. I used to crack everything out of the holders. Now I am getting everything graded. While I have had some books pressed (Oh Horrors!) I just resubmitted this to get it back in a slab. Bonus!

That is such an awesome book!!

Since Richard is posting Mile Highs...

Here is a little cheapie Mile High that arrived today, with a Matt Baker cover. Cheap, but fun.

mm0161.jpg

you laughed at that 'thumb' barb, huh? well as to the description "cheap, but fun," looks like you got it half right.

Here is a little cheapie Mile High that arrived today, with a Matt Baker cover. Cheap, but fun.

mm0161.jpg

you laughed at that 'thumb' barb, huh? well as to the description "cheap, but fun," looks like you got it half right.

That hurt Billy...

grin.gif

mm0161.jpg

I'm still hearing echoes of laughter. Everyone around here is laughing heartily. And not at Bill's book.

I'm still hearing echoes of laughter. Everyone around here is laughing heartily. And not at Bill's book.

Right on Tall geek,I about fell out of my chair.

speed18.jpg

Got this out of the McLaughlin/Heritage auction. It was listed raw as a vf/nm. I think they nailed it. I love the little tier of characters down the left side. Got the Green Hornet 8 out of the same auction and it has the same kind of cover layout.

This has the wonderful colors of a pyschedelic 60s poster! cloud9.gif

I like that Speed and that Jumbo very much, Mr. Bedrock! Excellent, excellent colors on those. The Hangman doesn't really do it for me (the art seems a bit crude), but I know that's a popular series with quite a few folks and is always in demand.

Speaking of crude artwork, here's another "int" book from Metro, Catman #18. I think this is one of the tougher issues. I don't believe the scan is blurry; I think that's simply poor registration towards the bottom of the copy itself (can you confirm that, Andy?).

catman18.jpg

I like that Speed and that Jumbo very much, Mr. Bedrock! Excellent, excellent colors on those. The Hangman doesn't really do it for me (the art seems a bit crude), but I know that's a popular series with quite a few folks and is always in demand.

Speaking of crude artwork, here's another "int" book from Metro, Catman #18. I think this is one of the tougher issues. I don't believe the scan is blurry; I think that's simply poor registration towards the bottom of the copy itself (can you confirm that, Andy?).

catman18.jpg

Is that the second INT book signed by Francis posted today?

Good eye!

Yes, I picked that and the Headline #8 both up last week in NYC. Andy was stopped dead in his tracks by the Hitler image, so I traded it to him this weekend in exchange for all his hard work scanning/grading/organizing my collection the past months.

He deserves more than that, honestly, as he's done a tremendous job on what has been a long hard task, but after the reaction the Hitler cover got I'm gonna start being a bit stingier!!!!

If you look on Metro's site you'll find other "int" "Francis Turck" books, typically in 6.0-8.5 condition from around 1944, although some (like this Catman) are in worse shape. There have been other "int" books from many other years found as well, as it seems to be a distributer code from somewhere in NY state, if not the whole NE U.S.

hangman6.jpg

A little funny book for your viewing pleasure. Got this off of ebay 4-5 years ago . It was graded an 8.5. I used to crack everything out of the holders. Now I am getting everything graded. While I have had some books pressed (Oh Horrors!) I just resubmitted this to get it back in a slab. Bonus!

hi.gif

Congrats on the upgrade thumbsup2.gif

speed18.jpg

This has the wonderful colors of a pyschedelic 60s poster! cloud9.gif

The blacks are all fuzzy like felt too! I keep a black light in the comic room just for this cover!

catman18.jpg

Is that the second INT book signed by Francis posted today?

That Int copy really allows you to appreciate the beauty of that issue of Catman! 893applaud-thumb.gif

hangman6.jpg

A little funny book for your viewing pleasure. Got this off of ebay 4-5 years ago . It was graded an 8.5. I used to crack everything out of the holders. Now I am getting everything graded. While I have had some books pressed (Oh Horrors!) I just resubmitted this to get it back in a slab. Bonus!

hi.gif

Congrats on the upgrade thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. I just posted something on the manufactured gold thread about that. Interesting dilemma.

I don't believe the scan is blurry; I think that's simply poor registration towards the bottom of the copy itself (can you confirm that, Andy?).

My guess would be it's the registration, but I will confirm when I get home and check out the book. If it's the scan I will re-do it. thumbsup2.gif

Good eye!

Yes, I picked that and the Headline #8 both up last week in NYC. Andy was stopped dead in his tracks by the Hitler image, so I traded it to him this weekend in exchange for all his hard work scanning/grading/organizing my collection the past months.

He deserves more than that, honestly, as he's done a tremendous job on what has been a long hard task, but after the reaction the Hitler cover got I'm gonna start being a bit stingier!!!!

Yes, it's true. All true.

I love the book. Love it. I don't blame you for being stingier in the future. Your generosity this time went above and beyond. hail.gif

I expected a good reaction on the Headline, but (dare I say it) I can't recall a book getting a better reception. 893whatthe.gif

Good eye!

Yes, it's true. All true.

I love the book. Love it. I don't blame you for being stingier in the future. Your generosity this time went above and beyond. hail.gif

I expected a good reaction on the Headline, but (dare I say it) I can't recall a book getting a better reception. 893whatthe.gif

It's a way cool cover of a very tough book that's usually beat to heck. In grade, like your copy, it can actually be described as having beautiful colors, if you're into that sort of thing. wink.gif

Anyway, it's a great pickup.