• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

GE;

Now that's a real sharp looking book for a 6.5 F+ and a great pickup. cloud9.gif

I have been looking for one of these for years now at a reasonable price without any luck. I remember Fishler had the D copy at one time, but was asking for a really outrageous price considering the condition.

What are the major flaws on this copy since it definitely looks nicer than a 6.5 from the front cover image? Did you have to pay a significant premium to condition guide for this copy?

Congtars again on your pickup. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, Lou_Fine. I've always wanted a copy and looked closely at Metro's D copy (6.5 also) but this copy looked cleaner and brighter....the yellow background really pops in person. I acquired the book in a trade involving my All Select #4 and some cash. Paid well over guide but it's a keeper. cloud9.gif

Census shows only an 8.0 and the two 6.5s... hard to pass up. tongue.gif

GE

OMG! Let me just be the first to say.. that book looks absolutely stunning!!! I'm really jealous frown.gif It looks nicer than mine! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Who'd you have to kill to get that one?

OMG! Let me just be the first to say.. that book looks absolutely stunning!!! I'm really jealous frown.gif It looks nicer than mine! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Thanks Adam! But it is no where near as nice as the Windy City that you have!!

Who did I have to kill? The list is long, but distinguished.

Jeepers Creepers, Bill!!! That is a BEAUT!!! Is that he reason for the massive TEC sell off?

That is such a nice book... cloud9.gif

Nope. Just a "new pair of jeans" as one board member aptly opined recently. grin.gif

sign-funnypost.gif Congrats on new "threads". 893applaud-thumb.gif

sign-funnypost.gif Congrats on new "threads". 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Adam!

I posted this in the Timely thread, but I felt compelled to share it with my non-Timely brethren and sisters as well.

Just in...

mm0159.jpg

now just let someone try to convince me that taste cannot be acquired later in life!!

i always held out hope for him; thank goodness i was indefatigable, as it did take some time. he just went from being a comic collector to a Comic Collector!

way to go my man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted this in the Timely thread, but I felt compelled to share it with my non-Timely brethren and sisters as well.

Just in...

mm0159.jpg

now just let someone try to convince me that taste cannot be acquired later in life!!

i always held out hope for him; thank goodness i was indefatigable, as it did take some time. he just went from being a comic collector to a Comic Collector!

parker, how was HI?...see what you missed, bill going postal on us? hope you and the mrs had a great time...

rick

Just in...

mm0159.jpg

thanks Billy! I feel................................REBORN!

As of yesterday I no longer own the Windy City copy. All I have left is a restored 8.0 I bought from Matt Nelson a while back.

sorry.gif

As of yesterday I no longer own the Windy City copy. All I have left is a restored 8.0 I bought from Matt Nelson a while back.

sorry.gif

"All"?? I remember that book, it is a beauty!

Congrats on moving the Windy City! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I don't know whether to celebrate or sulk confused-smiley-013.gif

I understand. It was a HUGE book, but a ton of money. Hope you got some great money or tons of great stuff.

I don't know whether to celebrate or sulk confused-smiley-013.gif

Sounds like it's time to sulkabrate!

A little yay.gif and a little frown.gif

flowerred.gif