• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Awesome! 893applaud-thumb.gif Is the guy with noose on his neck supposed to be a self-portrait of Fritz? It seems like I read that somewhere.

Same haircut. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If it's not him, it's Dean Martin.

Jack

is that Jerry with the branding iron?

That's really cool. Congrats 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks!

I'd like to give Matt a big kudos. I know he takes a lot of heat on these boards, but personally I was very pleased with his work. This was the first time I had dealt with him and I thought he was very forthcoming and professional - a positive experience all around. thumbsup2.gif

Matt takes heat for views, but I think you'll find that your experience matches his professional reputation.

Nice books. The Tarzan looks a LOT better.

I am happy with this one. "D" copy and a Frazetta cover. cloud9.gif

timholt17.jpg

Outstanding!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

What a great cover, and a lot cheaper than the comics with his sci fi covers.

You can see it in person tomorrow, though it will be like a candle next to the sun when compared with Win's books. blush.gif

Yes, this one was a bargain compared to his Sci-Fi stuff. It was maybe 1/4 the cost of one of his Famous Funnies issues in the same grade.

You can see it in person tomorrow, though it will be like a candle next to the sun when compared with Win's books. blush.gif

Yes, this one was a bargain compared to his Sci-Fi stuff. It was maybe 1/4 the cost of one of his Famous Funnies issues in the same grade.

The D copies like this one are often very appealing in terms of color and gloss -- I am definitely looking forward to seeing it on my visit!

The D copies like this one are often very appealing in terms of color and gloss -- I am definitely looking forward to seeing it on my visit!

The color is outstanding. The PQ? Not so much, probably CR/OW. The back cover also has some foxing (surprise, surprise). Still, it has the eye appeal of a 9.0, so I am very happy with it.

The color is outstanding. The PQ? Not so much, probably CR/OW. The back cover also has some foxing (surprise, surprise). Still, it has the eye appeal of a 9.0, so I am very happy with it.

gossip.gif You'll notice I didn't comment on those.

gossip.gif You'll notice I didn't comment on those.

Yeah, seems to be par for the course with D copies...not that I have much experience with owning them. crazy.gif

I got this back from CGC today. I thought it would come back with a higher grade (don't we all). Still, it's the 3rd highest grade to date:

KoKomics16.jpg

I also got this off Ebay for a great price. Highest graded copy:

WarBirds17.jpg

I got this back from CGC today. I thought it would come back with a higher grade (don't we all). Still, it's the 3rd highest grade to date:

KoKomics16.jpg

Paging Cyclone John, paging Cyclone John...

STEVE

KoKomics16.jpg

Paging Cyclone John, paging Cyclone John...

STEVE

The colors are great, and it presents very well!

What's he punching at?

I went to a pulp con today with Adamstrange, Centaurman, Moondog and Klozd24seven. Only bought one cheap pulp, but I did find this beauty for a decent price. This was the number one book on my wantlist....can't believe I found it there. The colors and perspective on this cover are just outstanding. Easily a top 5 Fine cover in my opinion.

cloud9.gif

hit4.jpg

I went to a pulp con today with Adamstrange, Centaurman, Moondog and Klozd24seven. Only bought one cheap pulp, but I did find this beauty for a decent price. This was the number one book on my wantlist....can't believe I found it there. The colors and perspective on this cover are just outstanding. Easily a top 5 Fine cover in my opinion.

Cool. thumbsup2.gif Wish I could have been there this year.

Cool. thumbsup2.gif Wish I could have been there this year.

It was fun. Going through some of Adamstrange's books was a highlight. They are even more impressive in person than they are in his scans.

cloud9.gif

hit4.jpg

GREAT pick up, October... funny, you were just mentioning this book not even a week ago!! It was meant to be.

Man, I wish I could have been there... the West Coast of Canada is a barren waste land when it comes to con's... nothing of interest up here.

cloud9.gif

hit4.jpg

Wow! What a great find! Wish I could have been there with you guys.