• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

great1.jpg

I think this copy is just "great"

gator

This is actually an underrated comic (#3 gets all the hype). I don't remember what it was off the top of my head, but I remember being pretty impressed by the contents. Is there some funny animal Nazi story in there?

Been working on my Gold collection, here are some of my favorites.

gas.jpg

Nice set of books!

For some reason I've always liked the cover to that More Fun #35. thumbsup2.gif

Been working on my Gold collection, here are some of my favorites.

gas.jpg

WOW -- a little of everything! That's my kind of group shot! cloud9.gif

Just got my Buck Rogers #1 back from Matt Nelson today and it looks great! I posted it in this thread a few months back when I first got it - it had a good bit of tape and some color touch along the spine. Well, I send it to Matt to have the tape removed and it turns out that the color touch was on the surface of the tape, not the paper underneath, so when the tape came off so did the ct! yay.gif

BuckRogersEastern01VGfcsm.jpg

This also came back from Matt with the BR. This book had such a terrible spine roll it would barely fit in a mylar. In fact I originally posted it in the Beater Grail thread it was so fugly. But now with the spine roll pressed out it doesn't look half bad. cloud9.gif

SingleSeries20VGfcsm.jpg

That's really cool. Congrats 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks!

I'd like to give Matt a big kudos. I know he takes a lot of heat on these boards, but personally I was very pleased with his work. This was the first time I had dealt with him and I thought he was very forthcoming and professional - a positive experience all around. thumbsup2.gif

This also came back from Matt with the BR. This book had such a terrible spine roll it would barely fit in a mylar. In fact I originally posted it in the Beater Grail thread it was so fugly. But now with the spine roll pressed out it doesn't look half bad. cloud9.gif

SingleSeries20VGfcsm.jpg

Nice! It looks great!

Nice books. The Tarzan looks a LOT better.

I am happy with this one. "D" copy and a Frazetta cover. cloud9.gif

timholt17.jpg

Awesome! 893applaud-thumb.gif Is the guy with noose on his neck supposed to be a self-portrait of Fritz? It seems like I read that somewhere.