• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

This one was top census before I cracked it out. You don't see this one come up for sale too often. Truly one of Cole's weirder covers (and that is saying something). I like how he snuck in that eyeball in the top right corner.

spook27.jpg

Nice looking book. All the books you show tend to have very nice eye appeal.

Ken

Ken

Thanks. Since I generally can't afford high grade stuff, I have to go with the next best thing, which is eye appeal. It works most of the time, and my enjoyment of the books doesn't suffer even though some are techncally low or mid grade.

It's been fun finding out what I like and don't like about golden age comics. I think I have learned a lot in the year that I have been collecting them...my tastes have certainly evolved pretty quickly. 95% of that knowledge came from this forum and from the more experienced collectors I have met in person. hail.gif

Ken

Thanks. Since I generally can't afford high grade stuff, I have to go with the next best thing, which is eye appeal. It works most of the time, and my enjoyment of the books doesn't suffer even though some are techncally low or mid grade.

It's been fun finding out what I like and don't like about golden age comics. I think I have learned a lot in the year that I have been collecting them...my tastes have certainly evolved pretty quickly. 95% of that knowledge came from this forum and from the more experienced collectors I have met in person. hail.gif

You're not doing too bad, for a lawyer! tongue.gif

This one was top census before I cracked it out. You don't see this one come up for sale too often. Truly one of Cole's weirder covers (and that is saying something). I like how he snuck in that eyeball in the top right corner.

spook27.jpg

Ken

I second that.

But i could say the same thing about your copies! wink.gif

VGBBQ-punch.jpglaugh.gif

Awesome book! thumbsup2.gif

One of my favorite covers of all time. Congrats!

Thanks guys.

Is it the boobs?... On the cover, I mean.

Is it the boobs?... On the cover, I mean.

It's the composition. The detailed definition of Rocket Girl's physique. The monstrous bird with the victims falling out of its claws (not unlike the cover of Silver Streak #6). . . . And what you said.

spook27.jpg

Just an awesome cover, have to find me a copy. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ten shrunken heads, mad doctor, a skeleton, bondage & the Ghost Rider! cloud9.gif

To me GA doesn't get much better than this! thumbsup2.gif

1807459-BobbyBenson%5C%27sB-Bar-BRiders%2314.jpg

And it's Schomburg, isn't it?

Ten shrunken heads, mad doctor, a skeleton, bondage & the Ghost Rider! cloud9.gif

Nice copy. Not shabby for a book who went to Europe and back. ( gossip.gif 50Ore book)

Nice copy. Not shabby for a book who went to Europe and back. ( gossip.gif 50Ore book)

Yeah I was wondering about that. I remember a thread about Ore books a while back.

That first interior splash page is very cool too! hi.gif

I didn't think so but now I'm not certain. Can anyone say for sure? confused-smiley-013.gif

It was listed that way in Overstreet for the longest time. But artist info is not the Price Guide's strong suit.

I didn't think so but now I'm not certain. Can anyone say for sure? confused-smiley-013.gif

It was listed that way in Overstreet for the longest time. But artist info is not the Price Guide's strong suit.

I also just checked comics.org and no cover credits were listed... frown.gif