• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

I especially like the Target #5. Your info on the Mile High is a little off though. It actually sold for $12,500 with the premium. I was the under bidder on it, but just made a deal to buy it. See, all of us Timely guys chase the same books!

Those early Targets feel like a cross between a Timely and a Centaur...Everett, Burgos, Mills, Thompson, etc.

And Target 5 has the Wolverton classic "Creeping Death from Neptune" story as SpaceHawk begins. What a great book!

STEVE

Which issue has the sequel, "Creeping death from Uranus"?

that's in Big-Fhot 6

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

That's a great looking 5.5

I was thinking the same thing. Whats the deal with it only being a 5.5?

I BIN'd it on Comiclink (for half guide! headbang.gif), so risk is low. I'll get a closer look when it arrives.... but the book presents 7.0 or better.

GE

So, that was you who one the Target #5. Terrific deal thumbsup2.gif...Jerry put a $250 estimate on it but Guide = $1100!

GE

Yeah I noticed he under estimated some of the ending auction values but I think that the holiday weekend probably helped keep the price down as I was expecting this to be at least $500 higher. I see that the Mile High copy sold for less than $7,000 which was thousands below asking on Bill Hughes site. I think there still is a nice white page 7.5 copy that is available but the asking price is probably $2,000+ so this is a good deal for sure.

Surfer, Great books. I especially like the Target #5. Your info on the Mile High is a little off though. It actually sold for $12,500 with the premium. I was the under bidder on it, but just made a deal to buy it. See, all of us Timely guys chase the same books!

Ah I missed that somehow. Bill Hughes has a few other incredible copies for sale, issue #2 and #4 are just awesome.

I don't usually buy Fawcetts, but I couldn't resist the covers on either of these cool.gif

1817157-VCC2.jpg

WOW! Talk about an Eye-Opener! Never seen that one before. 893applaud-thumb.gif

It was a blue label 3.0 originally. blush.gif

beautiful regardless of the grade.

I bought it specifically due to the grade. I don't have the heart to get signatures on higher grade books that are some what rare or expensive. I bought a Hulk 180 CGC 9.2 for Len Wein to sign and looking at the book I just couldn't do it.

I had a good mail day today smile.gif

First from Pirate, this Jumbo 113 -

1819081-Jumbo113.jpg

and also this Fight 56 with matching oranges. The funny thing is that they were on the newsstands together since the Jumbo shipped to the stands before the Fight would be pulled ...

1819081-Fight56.jpg

and also this issue of Rangers would be next to them (I've had that one for a while). It seems I'm starting another Month without trying 27_laughing.gif -

1819081-Rangers42.jpg

1819081-Rangers42.jpg.766b37a7d07372f1982191e7685f10fe.jpg