• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

I've been trying to find a nice looking mid grade copy of this one for a while.

CapMarAdv18.jpg

That is awesome!! I am so glad you got that book. That issue and the Wow 9 are always on my want list. hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

<snip>Obviously the Mile Highs were superior in a vast majority of cases, but some were not. One of my customers here in town bought six MHs from Burrel during the Camelot days, including two Planets. They are awfully pretty so the un-upgradable copies must have been stunning.

I wish I owned those comics. crying.gif

I'd say you're doing okay for yourself already ... Should I cry or laugh that you're still hoping for better copies when you've already got some pretty sweet ones? How complete is your Planet run, BZ?

That is awesome!! I am so glad you got that book. That issue and the Wow 9 are always on my want list. hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! I must say that they look great side by side as well cloud9.gif

Next on the hard to find want list is Wow #10. Metro is the only one that has one and it's the Church copy so it's a bit out of my price range boo.gif

Next on the hard to find want list is Wow #10. Metro is the only one that has one and it's the Church copy so it's a bit out of my price range boo.gif

I'm in a similar situation. I need Exciting 9, they have one. It is also the Church copy and out of my price range...... crazy.gif

Though I let my 4 yr old daughter hold my Tecs and ASMs this is the first comic I read to her (this week). We have a new comic collector:

Nothing like passing the torch to the next generation! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm in a similar situation. I need Exciting 9, they have one. It is also the Church copy and out of my price range...... crazy.gif

c'mon, admit it, it's exciteMENT you need!

Two new hotties just checked in to Club Bedrock!

jumbo13.jpg

Are they considering this a "bondage" cover b/c a gorilla is tied up, or am I missing something? confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

I was going to ask the same thing!

gator

...All the early Fiction House are pretty cool. I figure I'll shoot for Jumbo 9-20 and then maybe start working on a Planet run (something I've always wanted to do).

Richard, did a single individual purchase Burrel Rowe's Planet collection or was it sold piecemeal?

Steve Geppi bought them in 1982 for four thousand dollars. He also bought all the Mile High ECs. The Planets have since been sold and I believe Steve at Metropolis has them. An interesting side note...Burrel bought all those books so early that there wasn't a pedigree designation. To him they were just a bunch of high grade books. He was a huge Fiction House collector, in fact Fiction House was his first love. He bought all the Fiction House from Chuck. He then went through and upgraded his collection. Obviously the Mile Highs were superior in a vast majority of cases, but some were not. One of my customers here in town bought six MHs from Burrel during the Camelot days, including two Planets. They are awfully pretty so the un-upgradable copies must have been stunning.

See, its always fun to have a reason to flash myprecioussssssss

fight32.jpg

...All the early Fiction House are pretty cool. I figure I'll shoot for Jumbo 9-20 and then maybe start working on a Planet run (something I've always wanted to do).

Richard, did a single individual purchase Burrel Rowe's Planet collection or was it sold piecemeal?

Steve Geppi bought them in 1982 for four thousand dollars. He also bought all the Mile High ECs. The Planets have since been sold and I believe Steve at Metropolis has them. An interesting side note...Burrel bought all those books so early that there wasn't a pedigree designation. To him they were just a bunch of high grade books. He was a huge Fiction House collector, in fact Fiction House was his first love. He bought all the Fiction House from Chuck. He then went through and upgraded his collection. Obviously the Mile Highs were superior in a vast majority of cases, but some were not. One of my customers here in town bought six MHs from Burrel during the Camelot days, including two Planets. They are awfully pretty so the un-upgradable copies must have been stunning.

fight32.jpg

893whatthe.gif

fight32.jpg

At some point you'll flash it one time too many and have to sell it to me! poke2.gif

fight32.jpg

Talk about a head popping cover....

Until now I had never noticed all the limbs popping off of the soldiers in the background!

Beautiful book Dan.

It's always hard to follow something as nice as a Church Fight...

Nicest 6.0 I've ever had and another Schomburg to add into the stash yay.gif

Exciting66.jpg

That's pretty! (And the comic ain't too bad either)