• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Two new hotties just checked in to Club Bedrock!

jumbo13.jpg

Are they considering this a "bondage" cover b/c a gorilla is tied up, or am I missing something? confused-smiley-013.gif

I noticed that you never responded to my question Rich. You respond to everyone else's comments. You'll give me a complex and make me think you don't like me anymore. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

More to the point, I think Rich has gone silent because his secret has been revealed. He is into bondage covers, but not of the girls - its the animals he likes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 893whatthe.gifstooges.gif

Mark, sorry I didn't get back to you on this whole gorilla bondage issue. I was a little tied up!

A couple new pickups...

Love the color scheme on this book.

webofmyst9.jpg

Wolverton. 893applaud-thumb.gif

WToF2.jpg

Very nice solid looking copies that you don't see too often...even on the boards.

Love the Wolverton Reds...

Thanks guys, and thanks to Buck Biggins for letting me know where I could find it!

It has a great cover and several Wolverton interior stories that I haven't had a chance to read yet. The colors on the front are interesting. It's not red, but more like strawberry.

WToF2.jpg
I can't even begin to explain how jealous this makes me. I never seem to find that book at the right time in an affordable grade. I need it for the only vertical row I'll ever be able to afford to complete from volume one. Nice pick up!

Great to see all these wonderful, rarely-seen books being posted lately...congrats to all! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's a recent purchase...a classic Crandall cover from Doll Man #5! Highest Graded too! cloud9.gif

524952176_8ff6e335a7_b.jpg

"...once the candle burns, you will be in total DARKNESS!! (insert lurid scream) " 27_laughing.gif

GE

I can't even begin to explain how jealous this makes me. I never seem to find that book at the right time in an affordable grade. I need it for the only vertical row I'll ever be able to afford to complete from volume one. Nice pick up!

It's a pretty cool book. I read the Wolverton interior stories last night and they are great. Like you said, before finding this copy I was having trouble too. There is only one high grade copy on Metro's site and one POS on CLink. Nothing in the middle...

Great to see all these wonderful, rarely-seen books being posted lately...congrats to all! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's a recent purchase...a classic Crandall cover from Doll Man #5! Highest Graded too! cloud9.gif

"...once the candle burns, you will be in total DARKNESS!! (insert lurid scream) " 27_laughing.gif

GE

How come the cover is signed "A.S. Bryant"? Is that a pseudonym Crandall used? By the way, gorgeous book 893applaud-thumb.gif

Angelo

Hey everybody, wanted to state once again my appreciation for the warm welcome I received a few weeks ago. I've been lurking for the past couple weeks whilst i've tried to obtain some GA to call my very own and I am proud to say that operation "Buy GA and fore go diapers, shoes for the wife and food has been a major success!

I got my first book in the mail the other day, MMC #78 (will post a scan tonight). It's not HG but its my 1st GA, my 1st Timely (oh, oh the addiction) and I absolutely love it. Being new to GA I have zero clue about grading standards so I welcome your input.

PS: I couldn't wait for my next GA book so I scored Tec 97 and Batman 33. Haven't rec'd yet but will post scans when available.

PPS: I got these off the same ebay seller, could that be anybody here?

GE

a beauty!!

Hey everybody, wanted to state once again my appreciation for the warm welcome I received a few weeks ago. I've been lurking for the past couple weeks whilst i've tried to obtain some GA to call my very own and I am proud to say that operation "Buy GA and fore go diapers, shoes for the wife and food has been a major success!

I got my first book in the mail the other day, MMC #78 (will post a scan tonight). It's not HG but its my 1st GA, my 1st Timely (oh, oh the addiction) and I absolutely love it. Being new to GA I have zero clue about grading standards so I welcome your input.

PS: I couldn't wait for my next GA book so I scored Tec 97 and Batman 33. Haven't rec'd yet but will post scans when available.

Detective27kid perhaps? What the EBay handle "Newforce"?

Detective27kid perhaps? What the EBay handle "Newforce"?

hello all

newforcecomics

is my ebay id.... I have never upgraded bat 33 or tec 97, so twas not I that sold them, but I have been selling quite a few up my under copies lately....to the point that I have moved them all except a Tec 99!

rick

the handle is dinom99. I sort of stumbled upon this guy, based on feedback I think he sells comics regularly. When I bought the MM 78 I think he only had that and 2 SA books. I check back a week later and he's got about 9 GA books listed. Good communication, book arrived timely and was exactly as described. I was happy.

Now he's got up

Big Shot 7 slabbed

Action 92

America's Greatest 7

Black Cat 8

Blue Ribbon Mystery 20

Batman 22

More Fun 104

he always lists with a Bin and an hour ago he had another More Fun but its gone now. My guess would be most of the stuff is vg-???? Give or a take 1/2 point.

I didn't bother to ask but somebody with some cash on hand would maybe want to PM him to see just how much GA he's got. Lord knows I can't afford to throw much more into the fire this month.