• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,428 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif

Nice colors on that one....much better than on mine! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Got this one in today. Pre-code crime is steadily growing on me. With covers like this, what is there not to like? One of the stories is supposed to focus on drugs, so I will read it tonight.

Now I need a True Crime 2 to match it.

truecrime3.jpg

893whatthe.gif

Nice colors on that one....much better than on mine! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Got this one in today. Pre-code crime is steadily growing on me. With covers like this, what is there not to like? One of the stories is supposed to focus on drugs, so I will read it tonight.

Now I need a True Crime 2 to match it.

truecrime3.jpg

Great book, Andy...that one's on my list too. Just a classic cover. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice book Andy 893applaud-thumb.gif

You've been coming up with some real cool ones thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. Buying and selling has been really fun this year. Too bad it has to end in two months. I am going to go into overdrive from now until I go to school and try to pick up as much cool stuff as possible....and flip as much as possible to cover it. blush.gif

Thanks. Buying and selling has been really fun this year. Too bad it has to end in two months. I am going to go into overdrive from now until I go to school and try to pick up as much cool stuff as possible....and flip as much as possible to cover it. blush.gif

You can flip the Headline 8 to me if you want. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ken

Ken

That one is in the "no flip" box. sorry.gif

Ken

That one is in the "no flip" box. sorry.gif

27_laughing.gif

Very nice, True Crime! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Adam,

Thanks for posting all the Planets. Heckuva batch! Should I sell you mine, or can I buy yours? Or should we just trade a couple back and forth every few days until we can each say we had the whole run?

Haha either way sounds good. Some days I think about downsizing my planet collection since I likely won't ever be able to afford the entire run, and using the money to buy some other books on my want list. Other days I find myself browsing the internet to find new Planets to add to my collection. I'd be interested in buying if you have any for sale. Or selling you some of mine if you are interested. Or trading some of mine for some of the books in your collection. The only one I don't think I'll ever sell is the #5. Thats probably my favorite cover in the entire run.

This is my personal favorite.

Planet4GA-1.jpg

The coloring and the art for that cover are both spectacular.

The pieces of original art that you posted both look like beautiful examples of their respective strips. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hmm... in retrospect I should probably rephrase my last comment. The #5 is my favorite cover of all the books I currently own. I think my personal favorites of all the books in the entire Planet run are #s 2, 4, and 5.

My favorite:

100_1946.jpg

Followed very closely by Planet 5 and Planet 4 (hey Adam, you copied me!).

STEVE

Sorry about that! Next time I'll wait to see what you have to say first.. to make sure I don't wind up copying you insane.gif

Very, Very nice book by the way!!! cloud9.gif