• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

Here's another from the batch that I've been posting lately (not skypinkblu's).

... It looks like it spent some time as a wall book (tack hole in the board), but either not near the window or not as long as some others in the stack (faded Young Romance V11#6 for example).

One more, as I continue to provide the comedy relief for muticynic's parade of blockbusters.

Young Romance V11#6. Prize again, Nov 1958 (OK, really should be Silver Age but it looks more GA than SA, and I started the series here). About VG- 3.5.

50089-YoungRom.jpg

Not terribly faded, but the balance seems off to me. Interesting use of uninked pastels in the background. There's more Simon and Kirby work in this book. Did they work on the cover? I'd wager not. Does anyone know whether Colletta worked for Prize? He could have drawn, or at least inked, the cover. He was usually better on romance than superheroes.

If anyone is interested, some inside scans on the Short Bus.

Jack

Here's another from the batch that I've been posting lately (not skypinkblu's).

... It looks like it spent some time as a wall book (tack hole in the board), but either not near the window or not as long as some others in the stack (faded Young Romance V11#6 for example).

One more, as I continue to provide the comedy relief for muticynic's parade of blockbusters.

Young Romance V11#6. Prize again, Nov 1958 (OK, really should be Silver Age but it looks more GA than SA, and I started the series here). About VG- 3.5.

50089-YoungRom.jpg

Not terribly faded, but the balance seems off to me. Interesting use of uninked pastels in the background. There's more Simon and Kirby work in this book. Did they work on the cover? I'd wager not. Does anyone know whether Colletta worked for Prize? He could have drawn, or at least inked, the cover. He was usually better on romance than superheroes.

If anyone is interested, some inside scans on the Short Bus.

Jack

The cover reminds me of Colleta -- and that's not a bad thing. I much prefer his romance art to Kirby's.

boy.jpg

Nice copy, BP. Biro creates a scene on his cover better than just about anyone else! :headbang:

Edited by adamstrange

I'm just having fun with what I scanned two years ago.

So are we. :grin:

SuperMan103CGC92.jpg

It is pretty amazing that there were so many high grade copies in the Wiliamsport Superman and Batman runs. If CGC designs a holder for books with an overhang I have more in this type condition. They were all mostly from #50-120 although there was a Superman #31 which was highest also.

Jack