• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

I might as well post this one too (the only time I'll show it on these boards, given how overexposed it's been previously). I'd been coveting this Church for quite a while and finally managed to get it from the recent buyer. I'm putting it away now.

national7.jpg

:o Insanity, Win ... just insanity ... :o

Thats book is so cool ... GLAD to see that it has found a home where it will actually stay put for a while!! lol Can't believe this book has floated for as long as it has!

Great to see you posting again, Win! Nice to see my scans getting some use.

The Church National 7 is just unreal in-hand. It deserved the 9.6 it got. Fresh as the day it was printed...

ok, this is just too cool for the short bus, even though very few will care about this comic.

From 1942 this is ridiculously difficult to find (I know Metro has a high grade, but not in my budget). It's the 5th Raggedy Ann & Andy, A Halloween cover & not too shabby shape wise, so I couldn't be happier. New Funnies gets a lot of flack for being Drek, but issues #65-108 before the Switch to all Lantz are all really good comics. Also these earliest ones have magnificent art on Billy & Bonnie Bee as well as Mr. Twee-Deedle. Other than #68 which is pretty easy all the early ones #65-#76 can be really hard to find.

2345481139_bae1b6daec_o.jpg

(worship) Egad. :applause:

Do you have any other insignificant pulps hidden around the house? lol

Not really. You could hold my pulp collection in one short box with some room to spare. Here are a few of my favorites:

wufang2.jpg

orientalstories1-1.jpg

amazingstories3.jpg

ok, this is just too cool for the short bus, even though very few will care about this comic.

From 1942 this is ridiculously difficult to find (I know Metro has a high grade, but not in my budget). It's the 5th Raggedy Ann & Andy, A Halloween cover & not too shabby shape wise, so I couldn't be happier. New Funnies gets a lot of flack for being Drek, but issues #65-108 before the Switch to all Lantz are all really good comics. Also these earliest ones have magnificent art on Billy & Bonnie Bee as well as Mr. Twee-Deedle. Other than #68 which is pretty easy all the early ones #65-#76 can be really hard to find.

2345481139_bae1b6daec_o.jpg

Wow, very nice!

Andy, Felix and Raggedy Ann on the cover, and I bet the RA story is great. Those Li'l Eight Ball stories can be wild too.

Jack

(worship) Egad. :applause:

Do you have any other insignificant pulps hidden around the house? lol

Not really. You could hold my pulp collection in one short box with some room to spare. Here are a few of my favorites:

wufang2.jpg

orientalstories1-1.jpg

amazingstories3.jpg

Nothing significant.

:o

Great to see you posting books again, CM!

Feel free to post some more gems which haven't seen the light of day on the boards!! :wishluck:

Well, this one isn't a comic, per se, but I'm really happy with it:

all-story.jpg

Holy Carp! :o

Win, that is just great! The Action Comics #1 of the Pulp world! Congratulations! :applause:

:gossip:...and that National Comics #7 ain't too shabby either. :cloud9:

I almost forgot to post my other purchase from Wizard World LA...

KidKomics2.jpg

The cover's detached but it will do until another one comes along, if ever...

And sadly I can't do anything about that skin tone moire pattern.

But Captain Wonder and Tim fight a tiny David Bowie..

KK2-pp13.jpg

Edited by agro23

I almost forgot to post my other purchase from Wizard World LA...

KidKomics2.jpg

The cover's detached but it will do until another one comes along, if ever...

And sadly I can't do anything about that skin tone moire pattern.

But Captain Wonder and Tim fight a tiny David Bowie..

KK2-pp13.jpg

What a sweet book. Whats up with them calling the only black guy on the cover "Whitewash"

Mega thanks to Moondog (Gary) for this awesome book!

This one is new to me. I love all the sci-fi and superhero books circa 1939-1940, and I had never even seen this title before last year.

The cover colors and linework are incredible. I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at this cover! :cloud9:

54780-rocket1.jpg

Mega thanks to Moondog (Gary) for this awesome book!

This one is new to me. I love all the sci-fi and superhero books circa 1939-1940, and I had never even seen this title before last year.

The cover colors and linework are incredible. I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at this cover! :cloud9:

54780-rocket1.jpg

well done .5

one of the books in that run is featured on the gerber cover, as i recall.

Thanks! I'm going to guess the Gerber book is #3, as that issue has been in Socratic Wonder's WTB sig line for quite a while. But I'd guess all three issues are fairly uncommon.

Anyone know who drew this cover?

Thanks! I'm going to guess the Gerber book is #3, as that issue has been in Socratic Wonder's WTB sig line for quite a while. But I'd guess all three issues are fairly uncommon.

Anyone know who drew this cover?

Not sure who drew it, but it is a very cool cover, as is the Miracle Comics #1 also put out by Hillman the same month. Great book P5!