• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

This is the picture I took when I attended the opening night festivities of Geppi's Entertainment Museum in September 2006.

1388022-Comics8.jpg

And this is the scan I made tonight in my home. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: :cloud9::cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Action2.jpg

Action 2 is one of my favorite covers,and that is a beautiful book!

Ken

Some recent additions...

My first Will Eisner cover, but probably not my last....

Fightcomics11cgc80front.jpg

Thanks to Andrew (GACollectibles) for this one...will be a nice mid-grade "placeholder" until I can upgrade....

thrilling11.jpg

And thanks to our own Ciorac for opening the vault door on this one.....

JoJo8.jpg

and let's round it out with a beauty from Canada, the highest graded copy of either edition, courtesy of ebay...

cgcVenus1L.jpg

(worship)

(worship)

:acclaim:

(worship)

back to reality for those of us that collect books in the $50-$500 range.

Just in from MCMiles....

Classic GGA cover The Saint #4

ps....Love the Action 2....and the Fight.....and the...........

56465-1_25.08Comic1277.JPG.863317e4b6e70b55e1d31c2ef74bc498.JPG

Catching up after most of a week in New Orleans, where I had the pleasure of meeting Bill (ciorac)!

Does this message mean that you knocked over the Geppi Museum? Wow! What else did you nab? I hope that you had your minions dress up like wombats and scale the walls with giant suction cups on their feet in proper supervillain style.

Jack

This is the picture I took when I attended the opening night festivities of Geppi's Entertainment Museum in September 2006.

1388022-Comics8.jpg

And this is the scan I made tonight in my home. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: :cloud9::cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Action2.jpg

Catching up after most of a week in New Orleans, where I had the pleasure of meeting Bill (ciorac)!

Does this message mean that you knocked over the Geppi Museum? Wow! What else did you nab? I hope that you had your minions dress up like wombats and scale the walls with giant suction cups on their feet in proper supervillain style.

Jack

1388022-Comics8.jpg

Action2.jpg

One wonders why Geppi is selling a book like that one.

Jack

1388022-Comics8.jpg

Action2.jpg

One wonders why Geppi is selling a book like that one.

I agree completely. A very good question. I never thought I would even have the opportunity to buy it, much less actually own it. I must admit I was surprised to see museum "pieces" up for auction.

Though I don't particularly mind. :gossip:

wow, you know what is rarer or more suprising than being able to buy the Court copy of Action 2?

yep, you guessed it, hearing someone utter the above quote :baiting:

That Ghost Rider 11 looks like it is in awfully nice shape. And what a cover.

Very Cool.

wow, you know what is rarer or more suprising than being able to buy the Court copy of Action 2?

yep, you guessed it, hearing someone utter the above quote :baiting:

HAW!

Well, you didn't actually HEAR it, unless you move your lips while you read.

Bill had threatened to bring along Billy Parker to dinner, but apparently he wasn't free that night. (I'd imagine he's on a pretty tight curfew.) For some odd reason he didn't offer to bring along his lovely girlfriend -- can you imagine?

Jack

(Court copy of Action 2 vs. dinner with Bill -- tough decision!)

For some odd reason he didn't offer to bring along his lovely girlfriend -- can you imagine?

Jack

(Court copy of Action 2 vs. dinner with Bill -- tough decision!)

that's because she, um, was, um visiting me :insane:

Feature Book 34 from David McCay. Yes, the cover is soiled and foxing, but the pages are nice and the price was right. 1939-40 Chic Young Blondie reprints, plus a biography of Young inside the front cover. Does anyone know the publication date? It's not in the book.

Jack

56585-FeatBook34.jpg