• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

I just picked this up on Sunday. It has a tear seal on the back cover, but overall is a very nice copy. I am pretty sure I paid too much ($285), but the colors and Schomburg cover are what sucked me in.

AmericasBestComics25fc.jpg

AmericasBestComics25bc.jpg

Here are my recent pickups.

First, from a fellow boardie. Talk about a great war cover.

018.jpg

A nice little addition to my WW2 Schomburg MM run. I think this was the last German war cover.

022.jpg

Another pickup from the sales forum.

020.jpg

I think Im going for a run of these.

019.jpg

Last but not least - "The Wheel of Death"

017.jpg

Here are my recent pickups.

First, from a fellow boardie. Talk about a great war cover.

018.jpg

I thought long and hard about that one. If you see any slobber marks on it, they're mine.

I think Im going for a run of these.

019.jpg

Sparky Watts by Boody Rogers is a great strip, well worth breaking into the Mylar for.

Nice pick-ups!

Jack

I just picked this up on Sunday. It has a tear seal on the back cover, but overall is a very nice copy. I am pretty sure I paid too much ($285), but the colors and Schomburg cover are what sucked me in.

Miss Masque :luhv:

Congrats, Sardo! Those Big Shots are terrific. Even better, I see Big Shot #57 is an unlisted Flag cover...a new one for my list. :applause:

GE

Isn't that an interesting cover? I love the war bond message and the hitler mask on the kid. Very different.

I think that is a very significant cover. Schomburg must of had a reason for doing another cover so similar to his first.

bb

1688859052_126104cafd_b.jpg

Picked this cool book up in the weekly Heritage auction. I have always loved this cover and keep trying to find upgrades. I am pleased with this copy as Heritage graded it raw as a F+ and I think it is a little better than that. The first story has great artwork as well.

Ken

amadv4.jpg

Picked this cool book up in the weekly Heritage auction. I have always loved this cover and keep trying to find upgrades. I am pleased with this copy as Heritage graded it raw as a F+ and I think it is a little better than that. The first story has great artwork as well.

Ken

amadv4.jpg

What a great cover.

Nice pick-up Ryan. Was that from Ferd?

Ken

amadv4.jpg

great cover, I love that guy's work.

Ken

amadv4.jpg

Such a weird cover.

As for the raw grading at Heritage, I have never been less than completely satisfied, and I have bought many raw books from them.

Hi Vern.

Yes, it was from Ferd. He had those two Thrilling issues with Schomburg/Xela covers as well but this one had the nicest cover as far as I was concerned. I did not catch the tear seal the first look at the book, but luckily I nailed it on the second pass so he dropped the price by $100.

It sounded like he was willing to move on the Caps on Sunday - did you come back for a second day?

Cheers,

Ryan

I love finding packages at my door. These two arrived today. I think they're pretty :cloud9:

DonaldDuckBeachParty5_CGCNM96.jpg

I love these high grade Dell Giant painted covers! (thumbs u

(I'm pretty sure you outbid me on both - were these from Heritage or Ebay?)

Ken

amadv4.jpg

great cover, I love that guy's work.

Cover reminds me of Isaac Asimov's I, Robot. Pretty neat.

I love finding packages at my door. These two arrived today. I think they're pretty :cloud9:

DonaldDuckBeachParty5_CGCNM96.jpg

I love these high grade Dell Giant painted covers! (thumbs u

(I'm pretty sure you outbid me on both - were these from Heritage or Ebay?)

FeeBay pickups