• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

I love having a scanner !! Hope I can learn some tricks about using this baby. I was driving yesterday (Sunday) and saw some dancing goof on the corner with a big sign saying 30 % off at Circuit City.....and then I remembered they were going out of business. I turned in.....parked.....went in......found a Cannon PIXMA mp 620 scanner/printer for $135........and bought it !! And thats why you are seeing all these pics...... (thumbs u

Heres a really beautiful book from the Paul Duffy collection. Mr. Bedrock can attest to the fact that Paul Duffy is a real person. A person, I might add, who has a beautiful collection of high grade books. This is one I managed to purchase from him last year. He bought it at one of the Houston Comic Conventions over 25 years ago. Joe Smejkal wanted it.....but couldn't get it away from Paul !! I however.....did !! ;)

Batman14.jpg

Edited by Senormac

I had a Tec 90 and it was one of my favorites. I always liked black covers, but also this one lacked some of the cheesiness that was starting to show up more and more often (which I still enjoyed, but I like my Batman knocking people around).

Keep going until you burn out the bulb on that scanner. Really nice books with some great colors.

Heres a really beautiful book from the Paul Duffy collection. Mr. Bedrock can attest to the fact that Paul Duffy is a real person. A person, I might add, who has a beautiful collection of high grade books. This is one I managed to purchase from him last year. He bought it at one of the Houston Comic Conventions over 25 years ago. Joe Smejkal wanted it.....but couldn't get it away from Paul !! I however.....did !! ;)

Batman14.jpg

just need to work the kinks out of centering the books on the scanner :baiting:

I had a Tec 90 and it was one of my favorites.

I sympathize with you Poker.......there have been so many books I have owned over the years, that if I think about, I just get sad. :(

I'm really focusing on the love and not the $$$ nowadays. Sure $$$ is involved, but I'm not really buying to make profit......I'm buying to keep. This is MY collection.

Ok.....with that being said......heh heh....I bring you.....a book that I don't <3 . Its nice. Its cool. Its clean and its in super shape, but I don't really care for it. I'd trade it for some Plas book to my liking pretty quick I think. Its another book I got from the "estate lady of Pennsylvania" Whiz #116

Whiz116_0002.jpg

Speaking of books I used to have....brings to mind this Cap #15. Its the one book I most regret selling :( :( . I have no idea who bought it......the dentist maybe......whoever eff22 is.......but I wish I still had it. It seems now to be one of those books that you just never get a second chance to own.

This is a copy of the auction I ran on ebay in Feb. 2003 for Captain America #15 in .....well....in really nice condition. I screen-shot this about 20 minutes before the auctions end.........

EbayadforCap15.jpg

EbayadCap15b.jpg

I will brother......and I'll be looking forward to seeing you in San Diego. I have an autographed picture you might be interested in........ :grin: :grin:

just need to work the kinks out of centering the books on the scanner :baiting:

Yea, thats prob how I ended up with it.........Paul knew I would be scanning it crooked :insane:

Not sure where the cut off is for Golden Age.......I think its Showcase #4......1956.....so this is still GA......Its Turok #4. One of my favorite runs....that started out as a Four Color....and a book that had a wonderful run of over 100 issues. I, however am only collecting the first 50. Here is issue # 4 that I got from 1,000,000 comics in NY. A beautiful copy.........

Turok4.jpg

I just love these painted covers. I don't think any other publisher besides Gold Key/ Dell did these. Anyways, if you like dinosaurs, you just gotta get into the Turok books. They are very different. They are something not seen in todays books.......clean.......innocent.......DELL !!! I really like em !! Yes.......the stories too !!! Here is issue #3

Turok3.jpg

This book amazes me !! No really it does, not cuz of what it is only, but because of how it came to me. I, as many of you know am a man, with a relationship with Christ Jesus that only Kurt Warner would understand :grin: I am a man who has been tried and tested by the thing I loved most in this world (comics)......and the person who deserves my love most in this world (Christ Jesus). So, without going into the entire history......(PM me if you wanna talk about it) .....of all the books that I loved over the years of my collecting......Turok was my favorite !!

So, I had watched Turok #1's (596) come and go for quite ahile......for a minimum of $300 usually !! Mostly more.......mostly ( my apologies to Aliens :grin:) So....last year......early January.....this book comes up on ebay. My birthday is Jan 10th.......and this books auction ended late......on Jan 9th. I watched it.......I followed the bidding.......which was around $98 ........then, at the last moment......as is my custom........late on Jan. 9th.......I subbmitted my final offer.........my final bid.........and I won the bid !!! I won the auction !! For $110.....Are you kidding......??? This book never goes for $110 in this condition......and my birthday being 1-10.......it just struck me .....this was too amazing too ignore !!! A Turok #1.......for $110....on 1-10-08 !!! A birthday present !!!

Now, as long as I don't start acting and talking like Gollum......I should be ok (thumbs u

Turok1.jpg

Ok.....I'm nearly done. My bottle of Argentinian red wine is gone........my day of no work, 8 hours of pay is also nearly done.......and my books attained during 2008 are also almost gone. I might just stop now......its hard to top that Marvel Mystery or that Batman 14............

Thanks for sharing. Great stuff and you're right...Turok Rocks. I've read many but sold my entire turok collection pre cgc on eBay in mid grade for pretty good money. Someday I'll attempt the run again.