• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

Big kudos to Shiverbones for sending this book my way. Thanks Matthew (worship)

well done steve! now hurry up and upgrade some of those jackpots and send those old rags down south.

For my 10,000th post.... A personal grail! I just got this in today, I bought it sight unseen, and almost fell over when I saw how nice it was & that it is a white paged copy! Very hard to find Four Color #5 from 1942, the 1st Raggedy Ann & Andy comic! I have seen a couple of these over the last few years, but always 3 or 4 times over guide. This was at straight guide & I couldn't be happier!

3212849511_f1240d343e_o.jpg

For my 10,000th post.... A personal grail! I just got this in today, I bought it sight unseen, and almost fell over when I saw how nice it was & that it is a white paged copy! Very hard to find Four Color #5 from 1942, the 1st Raggedy Ann & Andy comic! I have seen a couple of these over the last few years, but always 3 or 4 times over guide. This was at straight guide & I couldn't be happier!

3212849511_f1240d343e_o.jpg

:applause:

Big kudos to Shiverbones for sending this book my way. Thanks Matthew (worship)

well done steve! now hurry up and upgrade some of those jackpots and send those old rags down south.

I Miss it already! :) Steve has been more than generous with me over the years, too many instances to list here. I was happy to trade him that copy because I know he really wanted it, & I appreciate his help not only with selling/ trading/ and even "giving" me Comics I really wanted, but also his support with my art.

some new ones in my collection. low-grade but fun to read. enjoy the pics!

batmanfinest.jpg

all great, but that WF 54 is impossibly difficult to locate, even in low grade!

some new ones in my collection. low-grade but fun to read. enjoy the pics!

batmanfinest.jpg

i can almost hear bats sweetly singing into the boy's ear: "on a bicycle built for threeeeeeeeee."

that's interesting. do you know why?

a myriad of reasons... most all DC's from the early to mid 1950's are generally "scarce"...and, WF were kind of cheesy when the comic market was not so pro Superhero.... sales were down, so production was down, and you still had SOTI, etc...

but WF from 50's-60's are all generally very scarce...

a myriad of reasons... most all DC's from the early to mid 1950's are generally "scarce"...and, WF were kind of cheesy when the comic market was not so pro Superhero.... sales were down, so production was down, and you still had SOTI, etc...

25 cents cover price was unusual as well and they may have been aimed at younger kids who were less likely to save them.

ok, thanks for the info (thumbs u