• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

I really hate to be the one to follow that AllenTown has anything I have is a far second, but here we go anyway.

I'm a big Tarzan and ERB collector so I was excited to finally add on of these to my collection last year.

SingleSeries20.jpg

That one takes a back seat to no comic! One of the best covers, ever, period, IMHO.

I really hate to be the one to follow that AllenTown has anything I have is a far second, but here we go anyway.

I'm a big Tarzan and ERB collector so I was excited to finally add on of these to my collection last year.

SingleSeries20.jpg

That one takes a back seat to no comic! One of the best covers, ever, period, IMHO.

Very nice.

Didn't ciorac sell a modestly priced copy last year? I remember passing it by then regretting it.

Who got it?

(Is Bill on this thread?)

Jack

SingleSeries20.jpg

Thanks guys! Really glad you like it. Being a long time comic collector along with being a Burroughs collector, the two together makes me sometimes wonder if I like something just for what it is (like this book) or if I like it only for the ERB side of it. Seeing your responses here shows me that it all goes together well. Does that make since?

I really like these boards, it's fun to share what you have with other collectors and to see what others have also.

Thanks!

SingleSeries20.jpg

Very nice.

Didn't ciorac sell a modestly priced copy last year? I remember passing it by then regretting it.

Who got it?

Jack

I am indeed following this thread. I sold three copies last year, but have agreed to purchase a beauty from Billy Parker over the next few weeks. I've been searching for the right copy for years now and Billy's is the RIGHT copy

:banana:

A couple of recent pickups:

GoldenAge115.jpg

Love that Police Comics!

mmmmmm......Police Comics......*sigh*......thats one of Coles good covers too. You know.....I didn't see a single Police and only 1 beat up copy of Plastic Man in the last VCC. Its ok though.....I'm a little short this month. Nice book Weird Paper

Edited by Senormac

SingleSeries20.jpg

Very nice.

Who got it?

Jack

I am indeed following this thread. I sold three copies last year, but have agreed to purchase a beauty from Billy Parker over the next few weeks. I've been searching for the right copy for years now and Billy's is the RIGHT copy

:banana:

THREE copies!?!?!

I only remember one late in the year when I was buying some other books from you. Did a boardie get that one?

I'm too easily satisfied -- the RIGHT copy is the one I own, so I guess I'm searching for the right copy like you are.

Jack

there is a nice copy in the Heritage auction

And a nice person will probably buy it.

You may have noticed that I'm a bottom feeder -- the Heritage buyer's premium alone would probably scare me off!

But thanks for the pointer.

Jack

Not if I buy it first! :mad:

SingleSeries20.jpg

Absolutely, positively one of my favorite comics! Congrats (thumbs u

oh oh, I fear my max bid might not be enough doh!

Bid NICE, guys.

Jack

same fear here but more likely right

oh oh, I fear my max bid might not be enough doh!

Bid NICE, guys.

Jack

same fear here but more likely right

I was kidding...I already have a pretty NICE copy :cool: