• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

Wasn't this one of the contenders for top Golden Age cover a few years ago?

It wasn't on the ballot list, i.e., no one nominated it even though quite a few Fairy Tale Parade issues made the cut.

The highest placed one was Fairy Tale Parade # 7 at # 28 after the final tally, which you voted second place in your ballot, right behind your top vote for Four Color # 69 which itself ended ranked # 65 ... if any one cares to know. :insane:

Strictly from memory, right?

Yeah, I remember having trouble deciding which covers to nominate because I didn't want to dilute the Kelly votes too much. FC 50 may have been the last one I knocked off my nominations list -- just about as good as the other two. I have to admit that at the time I had no idea that I would own FC 50 and 69 a few years later. Not a single Fairy Tale Parade though.

Jack

A new arrival to my slowly growing Black Cat run

:)

blackcat25.jpg

Super looking book, I really like these early Black Cats too! :applause:

Can you name all the stars? Elias is an excellent artist but I can only recognize:

Clark Gable

Lucille Ball

Bing Crosby

blackcat25.jpg

Can you name all the stars? Elias is an excellent artist but I can only recognize:

Clark Gable

Lucille Ball

Bing Crosby

i see monty clift, june allyson, gregory peck in there.

blackcat25.jpg

Clark Gable

Lucille Ball

Bing Crosby

If Mickey Rooney were there you'd be all over it, Pal.

Jack

blackcat25.jpg

Clark Gable

Lucille Ball

Bing Crosby

Jack

lol

blackcat25.jpg

Clark Gable

Lucille Ball

Bing Crosby

Jack

tho' his andy hardy star had long set by that time, mickey was in the bridges at toko ri within a few years of that book. one of my favorite war movies.

blackcat25.jpg

Great book, Bill...and if you had TOLD me, you might have gotten it for less, lol..I think I was the under bidder. I'm glad you won it, I'll take your lower grade left overs, please;) :cloud9:

My other "big" recent purchase, this one from CLink. I'm not a fan of this cover, but I am thrilled with this copy. The major flaws are around the edges and make the book affordable, but the cover has bright colors and great gloss.

Captain-America-68.jpg

This thrill bid book is cool, but I'll probably be unloading it pretty quick (no playing cards. I need to keep repeating to myself "Stop buying books not in your niche".) Cheap Mile Highs are fun though.

Headline-Comics-60-Mile-Hig.jpg

This thrill bid book is cool, but I'll probably be unloading it pretty quick (no playing cards. I need to keep repeating to myself "Stop buying books not in your niche".) Cheap Mile Highs are fun though.

ya, good luck with that....

ya, good luck with that....

:signfunny:

blackcat25.jpg

Great book, Bill...and if you had TOLD me, you might have gotten it for less, lol..I think I was the under bidder. I'm glad you won it, I'll take your lower grade left overs, please;) :cloud9:

lol

Thanks Sharon and guys for the props.

And Sharon, just consider me bidding on all of the ones that come up at Heritage until the run is full!

My other "big" recent purchase, this one from CLink. I'm not a fan of this cover, but I am thrilled with this copy. The major flaws are around the edges and make the book affordable, but the cover has bright colors and great gloss.

Captain-America-68.jpg

I'm a fan of any Cap with Golden Girl on the cover :luhv:

Nice pickup (thumbs u

Headline-Comics-60-Mile-Hig.jpg

:takeit:

Where should I send the funds hm

blackcat25.jpg

lol

Thanks Sharon and guys for the props.

And Sharon, just consider me bidding on all of the ones that come up at Heritage until the run is full!

But I don't know which ones you HAVE already...and since I'm collecting them, too...

Just email me first, lol, or all is fair game

Captain-America-68.jpg

I'm a fan of any Cap with Golden Girl on the cover :luhv:

Nice pickup (thumbs u

Thanks. I think Cap's cherub-like face was part of it - in addition to the Biro-esque balloon filled cover (except I usually like Biro covers). Golden Girl is welcome on a cover any time.