• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,436 posts in this topic

Got this in today

Bound Volumes Crypt of terror 17 thru 19 and Tales from the Crypt 20 thru 31

IMG00831.jpg

IMG00834.jpg

Beautiful!!!! :golfclap:

The comics look to be untrimmed, too! Is that the case?

Congratulations!

Just a killer book Russ! Can't wait to thumb it up next time I see you (thumbs u

Thanks Bill.Good to see you jonesing for Fine.We'll have to take a pic of it next to your Fantastic 3.

Just a killer book Russ! Can't wait to thumb it up next time I see you (thumbs u

Thanks Bill.Good to see you jonesing for Fine.We'll have to take a pic of it next to your Fantastic 3.

:cry:

With Gator in the middle

here's the big pic of a little thumbnail i posted last week when i won it. love this little hitler/tojo/mussollini cover. only daredevil i have besides #1. i do want the one where the ghoul is drooling on the girl in bondage's feet as well.

dd18.jpg

With Gator in the middle

:cry:

Didn't expect to receive this one this quickly off eBay. Plugging along with the Airboy run. This one is nice with a rare GA cross-over between Airboy and Skywolf AND Valkyrie all by Fred Kida and from January 1947, it should belong in this thread. I like it :cool:

78997.jpg.82dba49487c587588be668e0ec3eb3f9.jpg

Didn't expect to receive this one this quickly off eBay. Plugging along with the Airboy run. This one is nice with a rare GA cross-over between Airboy and Skywolf AND Valkyrie all by Fred Kida and from January 1947, it should belong in this thread. I like it :cool:

That's a pretty cool looking book you have got there Scrooge :applause:

Thanks Bill. Any hero with a sword in hand is cool! And, yes, I love Conan :)

I read the B/W Valkyrie collection a few years back and was impressed - better stories than most GA books - and an affordable title on an idividual basis - though accumulating the entie run could add up - even at ebay prices.

I read the B/W Valkyrie collection a few years back and was impressed - better stories than most GA books - and an affordable title on an idividual basis - though accumulating the entie run could add up - even at ebay prices.

But eBay prices help quite a lot. Airboy is never a Guide book. For once I went after a presentable copy because I like the cover (Viking :cloud9: ), call it circa VG, for $31 shipped to me while the OSPG 2002 I still use has this as $117 in Fine so about $70 in VG, pricing VG @ 60% of Fine, meaning I got this one at 55% off Guide ($31 is 45% of $70). Much better than I can ever hope at a show :D

But eBay prices help quite a lot. Airboy is never a Guide book. For once I went after a presentable copy because I like the cover (Viking :cloud9: ), call it circa VG, for $31 shipped to me while the OSPG 2002 I still use has this as $117 in Fine so about $70 in VG, pricing VG @ 60% of Fine, meaning I got this one at 55% off Guide ($31 is 45% of $70). Much better than I can ever hope at a show :D

:applause:

I've noticed even the Airfighters with classic WW2 covers usually sell for a notable discount off guide on ebay - are you going for those as well - or just concentrating on the Airboy run for now?

I've noticed even the Airfighters with classic WW2 covers usually sell for a notable discount off guide on ebay - are you going for those as well - or just concentrating on the Airboy run for now?

Yes, for now I am concentrating on the Airboy part and then I'll slowly fill in the Air Fighters. Probably not the smartest but it'd be nice to finish off the Airboy part first and I already have 69 of the 89 Airboy issues.

Here's another example of how far off Guide is on Airboy. I bought this one in March for $44 shipped to me while 2002 Guide is $151 so I paid 30% of Fine Guide for a pretty copy. I'd have to pull it back from the box to grade it but it's VG or thereabouts -

79032.jpg.03cfeaf68f097f1998cb824986d9a4e7.jpg

Thanks Bill. Any hero with a sword in hand is cool! And, yes, I love Conan :)

As do I. Conan is the best read in comics for my money.