• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,418 posts in this topic

I have always wanted this book and I finally got one.

startlingterrortalescgc45cr-ow.jpg

Congrats!! :headbang: Very nice book!

Such a great cover -- and your copy presents very nicely! :applause:

I was watching that auction ...pretty intense competition. But that comic doesn't show up very often at all. Great spooky cover. I'd hate to be that guy on the left... He looks forlorn...

So I wonder how long after Suspense #8 did LB Cole paint this cover? There is also a corresponding theme between the Suspense Comics cover with the swirl and floating eyes, and another one he did later for a Star Publications comic.

LB Cole is one creepy mo-fo!

I was watching that auction ...pretty intense competition. But that comic doesn't show up very often at all. Great spooky cover. I'd hate to be that guy on the left... He looks forlorn...

So I wonder how long after Suspense #8 did LB Cole paint this cover? There is also a corresponding theme between the Suspense Comics cover with the swirl and floating eyes, and another one he did later for a Star Publications comic.

Suspense 8 is from June 1945 so about 7 years.

Thanks for the comments, guys. I met LB Cole at a convention. It was around 1980. One heck of a nice guy. I had him sign the convention program. I was in high school - so relatively a youngster but he took time to visit with me and made me feel pretty special. I have a fair amount of LB Cole books but this one had eluded me so I was pumped to add it to my collection.

Police58.jpg

Just came in on the 3:14 mail delivery. I'm not sure if this one is entirely Cole......or even Cole at all.....but I like it. I have Ron Goularts "Focus on Jack Cole".....and in the list of credits, it says.....Cole ? / Kotsky ? I really can't tell either. Some pics/ panels look alot like Coles work....and some not so much. Wonder if it was a quick pencil job by Cole and finished by someone else? Anyways....I like the story. Its a good "feel" read. And I really like the condition and book

Police11.jpg

This just in from skypinkblu. I know you all saw pics of this book 20 pages back......but I wanted to add a sign that reads......"UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT"....

Thanks Sharon !!

Police58.jpg

Just came in on the 3:14 mail delivery. I'm not sure if this one is entirely Cole......or even Cole at all.....but I like it. I have Ron Goularts "Focus on Jack Cole".....and in the list of credits, it says.....Cole ? / Kotsky ? I really can't tell either. Some pics/ panels look alot like Coles work....and some not so much. Wonder if it was a quick pencil job by Cole and finished by someone else? Anyways....I like the story. Its a good "feel" read. And I really like the condition and book

The hands are nicely done on Woozy and there's a Cole feel to the figures but it's still hard to be certain as he could have been just partly involved. Can't seak for the interior but I like the cover.

The hands are nicely done on Woozy and there's a Cole feel to the figures but it's still hard to be certain as he could have been just partly involved. Can't seak for the interior but I like the cover.

Yea. I agree. I think this cover is VERY Cole like. He has a certain way of drawing Woozy that is distinctive. I think its easier to see Cole in a Woozy drawing than a Plas drawing actually.