• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

And this one makes me the happiest - lower grade copy but I finished the run of Heroic Comics through #15 before the genre change. Picked this one from Jim Payette.

I don't have a group shout with this one included but also below is my group shout without the #13:

heroic13VG-.jpg

heroic.jpg

:o(worship):headbang:

yay!!!!!!!!! now help me find that 10!

you know you've bought a minor book when your "minimum $14" buyer's premium and the s/h are almost as big as your winning bid. BUT, this is not an easy book, and it fills this little 3 book run [i know, i know, "why do you want the fecalish little run in the first place?"--cuz #1 is mainly purple, and i have a weakness for purple books, and at that point the completionist in me took over. that "intervention" show has turned me down twice now].

purpleclaw2.jpg

you know you've bought a minor book when your "minimum $14" buyer's premium and the s/h are almost as big as your winning bid. BUT, this is not an easy book, and it fills this little 3 book run [i know, i know, "why do you want the fecalish little run in the first place?"--cuz #1 is mainly purple, and i have a weakness for purple books, and at that point the completionist in me took over. that "intervention" show has turned me down twice now].

Great pickup - I almost bid on the book, but am glad you won it instead! (thumbs u

Only bought three books at SDCC this year. Two were left with CGC so I won't have them for a few months, but this one came home with me.

Been looking for a copy for quite some time now. I did a triple take when I saw it peeking out from behind another book on the dealer's wall. Thought my eyes were deceiving me, but happily they weren't.

:)

startling10.jpg

I'm generally not envious of lower grade pick-ups....but color me green after seeing that one.

Nice snag Bill! :applause:

Just back from Susan & CGC. Picked it up from the post office the day before I left for SD... :cloud9:

batman1f.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship) Dang I wish I had a Bat 1!!!

Yeah, me too.

And imagine my surprise on seeing this book here when Jeff had it with him in SD and didn't even offer to share a glance at it with poor old Ciorac.........

:cry:

Only bought three books at SDCC this year. Two were left with CGC so I won't have them for a few months, but this one came home with me.

Been looking for a copy for quite some time now. I did a triple take when I saw it peeking out from behind another book on the dealer's wall. Thought my eyes were deceiving me, but happily they weren't.

startling10.jpg

I'm generally not envious of lower grade pick-ups....but color me green after seeing that one.

Nice snag Bill! :applause:

and he was offered like 2.5x the price he paid to flip it and refused... nice (thumbs u

startling10.jpg

Bill, great pickup!!! I am very jealous!!! (worship)