• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

New to the collection.

That one looks pretty solid for being that low grade. I'd be happy with it (thumbs u

More than happy with it, it's in much better shape than I thought it was going to be - thanks Bill :applause:

Here is a few more books that I just picked up.

action53.jpg

tec91front.jpg

I notice that there are not that many Action covers with Nazis on the front, which makes the ones that do show them extra awesome !! Flame throwers....bah. Those Ratzis are about to get what for I think.

I still need this issue of Det. Gotta love anything with the Joker on it. (thumbs u

Funny you should ask...

Thanks to Ronaldo

And a book I have wanted for a very long time...

silverstreak6.jpg

Wow Richard ! You took it out of that Fort Knox thing it was in??? :o I'll bet that was a thrill. Thats some Jack Cole goodness right there.

I keep thinking about that Single Series 20 you had also.... :cloud9:

Just added these two to my early Captain Marvel collection. These are among my favorite covers in the run. Just awesome WWII stuff. Note the "Paste the Axis" contest on the bottom of #16. I wonder who won?

CaptainMarvel5CGCVGF50.jpg

CaptainMarvel16CGCF65.jpg

I was in NYC for the bar exam and picked this up at the Time Machine...

IMG_0002-2-1.jpg

Wow !! That cover is almost like the Justice League of Nedor (thumbs u

Scored this book from the MotorCity booth on Sunday. Writing or marks on the cover don't bother me nearly as much as creases do, and this book is nice and tight. The writing on this cover says......" Read (Rd.) page 57 for a laugh" and I can only guess that some household had this book layin around during the war years and maybe were comunicating to other family members what they thought was funny. I could be way off.....but thats my story and I'm stickin to it. I've included scans of pg. 57 for all of you curious types :grin:

Police18.jpg

Police18pg57copy.jpg

Police18pg57crop.jpg

I had a hard time NOT thinking of the 3 stooges when I saw this :grin: :grin: :grin:

Got this book from Terry's Comics booth on preview night also. The guy I dealt with and talked to was not Terry but a booth worker, very friendly (Terry scares me for some reason .....don't know why....he just scares me :shy: )

Police91.jpg

Nabbed this book from Dale Roberts on Friday and enjoyed talking with Dale and TupennyConan for a short while. Great guys. I know its tuff to man a booth for hours and hours while people rumage. Thanks guys.....this is one of my best pick ups.

Police41.jpg