• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

A popular week for this All-American Western. This one picked up as a VG on ComicLink (bought several this week that didn't have photos and felt the grading was fairly accurate on the VG range books).

All-American-Western-112-am.jpg

Goes good with the Canadian version

All-American-Western-112.jpg

So... while not actually a GA comic, the toy thread is so buried I don't feel like hunting it down. My most sought-after collectible arrived this morning. The 1934 Buck Rogers spaceship--nice and bright, minor scratches but no dings, and with a healthy working flint. And, this thing is huge... almost a foot long!

buckrocket1.jpg

I am currently in geek-boy bliss. :cloud9:

So... while not actually a GA comic, the toy thread is so buried I don't feel like hunting it down. My most sought-after collectible arrived this morning. The 1934 Buck Rogers spaceship--nice and bright, minor scratches but no dings, and with a healthy working flint. And, this thing is huge... almost a foot long!

buckrocket1.jpg

sweet pick-up ! (worship)

buckrocket1.jpg

Very cool - I bought the Buck Rogers Dark Horse replica figure today. I would love to find me some original toys. Congrats!!!

buckrocket1.jpg

Beautiful, WeirdPaper... just beautiful. (worship)

Money is the only thing holding me back from getting into toys ... I mean, who wouldn't want to own that? Its like a comic you can play with.

buckrocket1.jpg

Sweet. :cloud9:

Crappy pages, cool book.

These Zip books are tough ones for me. The prices need to be right and they don't seem to come up all that often. Luckily, I got this one for less than I anticipated.

ZZip-Comics-27-CGC.jpg

You certainly don't see that one often. :applause:

buckrocket1.jpg

Beautiful, WeirdPaper... just beautiful. (worship)

Money is the only thing holding me back from getting into toys ... I mean, who wouldn't want to own that? Its like a comic you can play with.

Ryan has crystallized my thoughts exactly.

Congrats Roger (worship)

Crappy pages, cool book.

These Zip books are tough ones for me. The prices need to be right and they don't seem to come up all that often. Luckily, I got this one for less than I anticipated.

ZZip-Comics-27-CGC.jpg

very nice.

not that any of us are thrilled with brittle or s. brittle pages, but one thing is for sure--cgc slabs certainly have made such a book much less of a pariah to me. same goes for detached covers, or covers split down the middle. i used to hate the thought of owning a book that came in two or three pieces; the slab makes it more acceptable to me.

for example, i LOVE this book in my collection, and have little regret about the pages.

PunchComics19.jpg

Crappy pages, cool book.

ZZip-Comics-27-CGC.jpg

very nice.

not that any of us are thrilled with brittle or s. brittle pages, but one thing is for sure--cgc slabs certainly have made such a book much less of a pariah to me. same goes for detached covers, or covers split down the middle. i used to hate the thought of owning a book that came in two or three pieces; the slab makes it more acceptable to me.

for example, i LOVE this book in my collection, and have little regret about the pages.

PunchComics19.jpg

That is such a nice copy in hand. I read through it when it was mine before slabbing and never got a sense that the pages were brittle. :tonofbricks:

buckrocket1.jpg

Totally awesome pickup!

I am now in the market for one of those to go with this I just got from Hake's.

blaster.jpg

buckrocket1.jpg

Totally awesome pickup!

blaster.jpg

Sweet! I've got the Atomic Disintegrator cap gun (not Buck Rogers), but I need one of those puppies.

Sweet! I've got the Atomic Disintegrator cap gun (not Buck Rogers), but I need one of those puppies.
I see them on ebay from time to time but never with the finish still looking good and the pop and the flint & spark all working at the same time. It's always like two out of three things.

buckrocket1.jpg

Totally awesome pickup!

blaster.jpg

Both of these are terrific!! :headbang: