• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,415 posts in this topic

Had a lot of fun at Terry's California Con today. Finally got to meet Socratic Wonder & Sacentaur.

Thanks to robocard for this one. I've always wanted a copy.

Atomic1.jpg

i always dug this one, too.

atomic1.jpg

been so long i can't even remember when i last added a book to the doc savage run. glad to get this one off ebay just now.

docsavage9.jpg

Is that supposed to be Doc with the blue helmet thingy on? Is he a completely different character than the Doc Savage of the pulps? Cool book though either way.....

The California Comic Convention today was well-run again with a lot of older comics. I was able to add three books to my collection - two of them because my wife noticed the cards on the cover.

This one brings my want-list down to 11:

Dark-Mysteries-7.jpg

Here's one I picked up from Graham Crackers at Terry's Con today - thnx to Jamie who cut me a fair deal on it.

Not a book that I'd normally buy a double on (I now have a VG undercopy), but I can't ever recall seeing a single staple MLJ this nice (white pages, too).

Zip38.jpg

I'm not particularly a GGA guy, but that All Top 14 sports a great cover. :applause:

Here's another one from A-1 - I know Boy Comics is hardly the most popular title, but I find the Biro books to be a lot of fun.

Boy26.jpg

I'm not particularly a GGA guy, but that All Top 14 sports a great cover. :applause:

Here's another one from A-1 - I know Boy Comics is hardly the most popular title, but I find the Biro books to be a lot of fun.

Boy26.jpg

Biro books are full of great reading. :headbang: Very under-appreciated and not reprinted.

Nice books, everyone. :applause:

agreed; great stuff y'all. love the iron jaw cover. in fact, the boy comics iron jaw covers would make a great little mini-run to collect. hmmmm.

Picked this book up at yesterday's California Comic Convention in the OC. Nice show by the way. Terry does a good job of promoting it and encouraging some major dealers to attend! Batman733.jpg

Good one, Steve (pages look nice) - it was fun to chat with you and other Boardies yesterday. (thumbs u

Picked this book up at yesterday's California Comic Convention in the OC. Nice show by the way. Terry does a good job of promoting it and encouraging some major dealers to attend! Batman733.jpg

Good one, Steve (pages look nice) - it was fun to chat with you and other Boardies yesterday. (thumbs u

It was nice chatting with you, too. I didn't realize you were a big Kings fan. I remember the Triple Crown line, Rogie Vachon, Butch Goring and even Eddie "The Entertainer" Shack and Eddie "Jet" Joyal. My dad had season tickets and I went to many games! Send me a PM and we'll "talk hockey!