• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

My copy of Weird 2 has the same 'K' as your MM9, and I've seen it on another Weird 2. I wonder if it has something to do with a common distributor source.

An undercover good guy disguised as a mummy manages to take out the fiend with the only part of his entire body that's not wrapped up...Love it!

My copy of Weird 2 has the same 'K' as your MM9, and I've seen it on another Weird 2. I wonder if it has something to do with a common distributor source.

I love me some Fox books, especially my Mystery Men 10 (never been so thankful to hear the words "I'd like to return this"), but Weird 2 is probably at the top of my list. Tough as nails to find in any shape. Great book.

mysteymen10.jpg

Whiz Comics #17 - Another classic Fawcett war cover, and one of my favorite Whiz covers. A friend sold me this for only $45! Ok, it's got a taped spine, bindary holes, and slight color touch, but who cares? Love it!

WhizComics17Gr.jpg

The back cover has an ad for the Captain Marvel serial.

WhizComics17GrBC.jpg

Smash Comics #22

Slowly building a collection of early Smashes. This #22 is beautiful with white pages. Too bad it has some slight ct near the upper staple. The interior artwork on this is top-notch.

SmashComics22VFr.jpg

Whiz Comics #17 - Another classic Fawcett war cover, and one of my favorite Whiz covers. A friend sold me this for only $45! Ok, it's got a taped spine, bindary holes, and slight color touch, but who cares? Love it!

WhizComics17Gr.jpg

The back cover has an ad for the Captain Marvel serial.

WhizComics17GrBC.jpg

when I was putting my whiz 1-25 run together, I found 17 to be the toughest for me...I had 24 of the 25 in house for 6 months before I found a 17...then, as fate would have it, 2 more showed up that week lol

Flash Comics #10

Hands down my favorite Flash cover.

FlashComics10.jpg

That's a great cover! :applause:

Smash Comics #22

Slowly building a collection of early Smashes. This #22 is beautiful with white pages. Too bad it has some slight ct near the upper staple. The interior artwork on this is top-notch.

SmashComics22VFr.jpg

If I was a bigger / better man / collector, I'd collect this early Smash run too. Congrats :applause:

I love me some Fox books, especially my Mystery Men 10 (never been so thankful to hear the words "I'd like to return this"), but Weird 2 is probably at the top of my list. Tough as nails to find in any shape. Great book.

mysteymen10.jpg

You should send it to me and see if I say that. You never know, you might just get lucky twice! :insane:

Here's some odds and ends I've picked up recently.

Adventure Comics #52

My favorite of the 10 Hourman covers. Love the colors on this. Detroit Trolley copy.

AdventureComics52CGCF60.jpg

Very, very nice Todd (worship)

That is my favorite of the Hourman covers as well. Also love the Flash #10 you picked up, such a classic GA cover. Good job!

B

Ok, so you guys and gals know that I have been assembling the complete run of Dick Tracy, slowly. I really love this run of comics and hope to have all of his appearances one day. Daunting task, and I'm in no hurry so it is a lot of fun.

I received a box of 17 issues today, and am thrilled with them! The seller apparently got many of them from the same source as they have identical date stamps. At any rate, I posted scans of the issues in my run a while back and everyone seemed to enjoy them, so I thought I go ahead and post the 17 new arrivals to the run. Jack will enjoy the really violent early issues :) So, off we go:

scan0008-3.jpg