• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Here's a recent pick-up. I really like the cover, but I wonder if the Fighting Yank ever felt a bit of a let down in his post war career. Saving sleepwalkers seems like a significantly less exciting pursit than battling the Axis, although the sleepwalker here is signifiantly more attractive than the average German or Japanese soldier.

FightingYank25.jpg

i picked up a replacement b'hem before i put my mt 157 up on the boards. i also was a little troubled that my late mt issue was technically a silver age book ['57]. this will be more representative of a "golden age pedigree."

tt12.jpg

This book is not really in my collecting interest, but for some reason I couldn't resist it in the November Heritage auction. It is a neat cover and I liked the white pages I guess. Also, with apologies to the consignor, I was able to pick it up for a lot less than it went for the last time it was auctioned.

AdventureComics44.jpg

Here's a recent pick-up. I really like the cover, but I wonder if the Fighting Yank ever felt a bit of a let down in his post war career. Saving sleepwalkers seems like a significantly less exciting pursit than battling the Axis, although the sleepwalker here is signifiantly more attractive than the average German or Japanese soldier.

FightingYank25.jpg

Nice copy, the colors really pop

This book is not really in my collecting interest, but for some reason I couldn't resist it in the November Heritage auction. It is a neat cover and I liked the white pages I guess. Also, with apologies to the consignor, I was able to pick it up for a lot less than it went for the last time it was auctioned.

AdventureComics44.jpg

wonderful!

AdventureComics44.jpg

Alzabar, that is a wonderful book with rich colors and superb page quality - congratulations on a great pickup! :applause:

One more. This is the only Phantom Lady that I own. While I have not actively pursued them, #21 does seem to be harder to find than the others. Maybe 2 women on the cover makes it more desirable.

PhantomLady21.jpg

3 for 3 in my book Al :applause:

AdventureComics44.jpg

Very pretty book!!! My favorite Sandman cover.

— Rick

It has been a little bit since I have posted here but I was excited about this one. It is books like this that make me stray from my collecting focus. I picked this one up recently. It is the Ohio copy.

speed32.jpg

love it!

It has been a little bit since I have posted here but I was excited about this one. It is books like this that make me stray from my collecting focus. I picked this one up recently. It is the Ohio copy.

speed32.jpg

love it!

Not as much as I love it :cloud9:

Black Cat :luhv:

Great book, Jeff, especially since it is the only issue in the run with a cover by

Calkins. His name appears on #1 but apparently it was actually drawn by a young Tuska, and #3-#6 were drawn by S. A. Douglas. That makes #2 the best issue in the run as far as I'm concerned.

Rich

Great book, Jeff, especially since it is the only issue in the run with a cover by

Calkins. His name appears on #1 but apparently it was actually drawn by a young Tuska, and #3-#6 were drawn by S. A. Douglas. That makes #2 the best issue in the run as far as I'm concerned.

Rich

Thanks Rich. It's definately my favorite cover of the run and the one that I most wanted to have a really nice copy of. Maybe it's an acquired taste, but I love Calkins quirky style and awkward anatomy - it's so pre-Golden Age. :)