• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Great book, Jeff, especially since it is the only issue in the run with a cover by

Calkins. His name appears on #1 but apparently it was actually drawn by a young Tuska, and #3-#6 were drawn by S. A. Douglas. That makes #2 the best issue in the run as far as I'm concerned.

Rich

Thanks Rich. It's definately my favorite cover of the run and the one that I most wanted to have a really nice copy of. Maybe it's an acquired taste, but I love Calkins quirky style and awkward anatomy - it's so pre-Golden Age. :)

doh!

Art like Calkins's can easily be "pardoned" so long as the stories hold up ... do they?

My first two C-Link wins:

This completes my run of Big Shot war covers:

RAD277DA2010122_134529.jpg

Nice one, Josh - :applause:

Those Big Shots are fun books with characters like The Face and Skyman (plus Guardineer art in the early issues, too :gossip: )

My first two C-Link wins:

This completes my run of Big Shot war covers:

RAD277DA2010122_134529.jpg

Nice one, Josh - :applause:

Those Big Shots are fun books with characters like The Face and Skyman (plus Guardineer art in the early issues, too :gossip: )

Thanks - very underrated title IMO. (thumbs u

Edited by Sardo Numspar