• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

Great great books George! (worship)

Here is my lone auction win

LarsonPrizesm.jpg

Very nice!

Who is the character in the bottom circle on the left? He looks like Fletcher Hanks drew him. Did he? I can't find a Hanks checklist.

Jack

Who is the character in the bottom circle on the left? He looks like Fletcher Hanks drew him. Did he? I can't find a Hanks checklist.

Jack

I believe that's Captain Gallant (ran in Prize 7 through 9).

If the artist is the same as the story, he must be Grieg Chapian -- not someone I know anything about.

JPS

I got one more little win on Heritage last night

Just need the Weird 2 to complete my 1-5 run :wishluck:

lf-1.jpg

Wow, how did I miss this one? Probably a good thing, as I likely would have bid you up higher. Great snag, man! :applause:

got the book I wanted :grin:

94203.jpg

Congratulations on the Gene!!! Such a cool book.

Short story about how that book eluded me. Back in 1995 I bought a huge golden age collection, over 2000 books. The seller insisted on keeping one book, Gene Autry #1. :frustrated:

Enjoy your copy. :applause:

My one win...

ww7.jpg

AWESOME October!!!!! :banana:

I thought long & hard about going after this one, congrats

Outstanding book....smart buy! :cloud9:

Thanks. It's a tossup for Fine's best cover in my opinion, tied with Fantastic 3, but it sells for a bare fraction of the price.

got the book I wanted :grin:

94203.jpg

Congratulations on the Gene!!! Such a cool book.

Short story about how that book eluded me. Back in 1995 I bought a huge golden age collection, over 2000 books. The seller insisted on keeping one book, Gene Autry #1. :frustrated:

Enjoy your copy. :applause:

cool, I will post the back cover when the book arrives, I think it is supposed to be a gene autry pin up. I have seen other copies that were missing the back cover.

The prices on the 8.0's have been dropping and I got it for a lot less than I thought.