• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Picked this up today at the Philly show. Always liked the look on Superman's face as he swims towards the German sub. You just know there's going to be hell to pay!

Superman23_CGCF60.jpg

great looking book, he is definitely serious on this swim. maybe the water was cold

I also got this at today's show. All in all, it was a very good comic book day. :banana:

Action-36.jpg

— Rick

That is probably my favorite Superman cover. You picked it up in NC? Do they have another? I have a coverless copy and I noticed the interior story does not have a giant robot scene. I have the Sunday page which may be the only place that story appeared. Or was it anywhere else?

1781625398_53d510d956_b.jpg

Picked this up today at the Philly show. Always liked the look on Superman's face as he swims towards the German sub. You just know there's going to be hell to pay!

Superman23_CGCF60.jpg

great looking book, he is definitely serious on this swim. maybe the water was cold

Fav Supes cover. (thumbs u

Sweet copy

Just scanned this piece of junk. Apparently a tough book.

Thrilling12.jpg

Me likey. Only 1 copy in the census.

Here's an old pal of your #12...

thrilling8.jpg

I've never seen these two books before, except for the photo journals. very nice!

Many of those early Thrillings seem to only have one copy in the census.

And quite often the one copy is the Church. I think Fishler had the run certified.

Yep, and occasionally, he will make the run available on the Metro site by offering one or two select pieces and the "Call" option instead of a price.

That's why I'm happy to own quite a few of the "2nd best" certified copies....the Thrilling MH run isn't going to be piece-mealed out anytime soon.

Thrilling12.jpg

thrilling8.jpg

Those are both tough books.... :applause:

Tough books to find and very pretty to look at. I don't think I've ever seen a #12. :cloud9:

— Rick

Superman23_CGCF60.jpg

Great looking book. I've always liked the look on the Nazi's faces as they see Superman swimming towards the sub!

Thrilling12.jpg

thrilling8.jpg

Those are both tough books.... :applause:

Tough books to find and very pretty to look at. I don't think I've ever seen a #12. :cloud9:

— Rick

95075.jpg.875f4be279e0e2aaabfd89ac93fa1b4b.jpg

95076.jpg.7edcf8c326e0174656f66158536f84d6.jpg

95077.jpg.dd73c82edd924fec4ce2b15b4dc1b6b9.jpg

95078.jpg.f252eec21366b68c673e7328cdc6e431.jpg

95079.jpg.cf2667286bcaacb30f5f837c73be7643.jpg