• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

So you're the one who yanked it out of my trembling hands.

i thought there might be a boardie or two watching that auction. First time I haven't been sniped on book I really wanted in a long time... Sorry about that. :sorry:

My quest for this book finally came to an end tonight. Very excited to add this to my crime book collection. Hopefully have it in hand shortly.

FAC20.jpg

Sweet book. The thing that always bothered me is why is there a manhole in the middle of the road way out in the country? And even if there was, would that be where you'd stash a corpse?

Glad to finally have this one in high grade.

crop0124.jpg

What a awesome cover!! Love it! (thumbs u

Yea....thats a great cover !! Space and Popeye :applause:

My quest for this book finally came to an end tonight. Very excited to add this to my crime book collection. Hopefully have it in hand shortly.

FAC20.jpg

Sweet book. The thing that always bothered me is why is there a manhole in the middle of the road way out in the country? And even if there was, would that be where you'd stash a corpse?

Interesting. I'd think that a manhole out in the middle of nowhere would actually be a good place to stash a corpse. Who would ever be looking in there? I guess finding one though would be the difficult part. (thumbs u

i thought there might be a boardie or two watching that auction. First time I haven't been sniped on book I really wanted in a long time... Sorry about that. :sorry:

We met at a T.O. con once. I believe you bought a Blue Beetle #54 at the time.

great sig line

We met at a T.O. con once. I believe you bought a Blue Beetle #54 at the time.

great sig line

Thanks. I remember that. I really enjoyed that convention, had a great time.

Edited by Twistty1

IMG_0019.jpg

Thanks, Ive enjoyed the esoteric group shots you've been putting up. One of my all time favorites, I acquired a few months ago. It took me a few hours to set up the scanner and get images via picasa to post.

Closing in on my final books. I lost out on a nice copy last CLink auction, but found this one on Metropolis. They graded it at 2.5 and I agree. Book presents very nicely and the price was fair.

Zip-25.jpg

Closing in on my final books. I lost out on a nice copy last CLink auction, but found this one on Metropolis. They graded it at 2.5 and I agree. Book presents very nicely and the price was fair.

Zip-25.jpg

It does my heart good to see people buying books that aren't 9.0 and up. I bet theres some cool stories in that one PK.

and then there was one...

sb8cgc.jpg

Just won this off eBay, completes my Superboy 2-258, leaving only number 1. I would have liked to hold out for a solid fine or better, but this actually presents a bit nicer than a 3.5, and is a tough issue to find in any grade.

One more to go!